drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TM to track the prize pool for the season TOC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catch22
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Using TM to track the prize pool for the season TOC Reply with quote

My league format is going to be $35 buy-in tourneys where $30 goes to the prize pool for that night, $4 goes into a TOC prize pool, and $1 goes to the house for expenses.

Can TM track the TOC prize pool?
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Track" may be a strech, but you can definitely assign it a value for the rake - then use that to calculate the pot. I do a similar thing, but I just take a fixed amount out (not based on the number of buy-ins) to help pay for seats at our TOC.

Max
Season 2 starts Sept. 23rd!
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used rakes before, but would it be possible to use two rakes at the same time? Then he could have one $4 "rake" for the TOC and then the $1 rake for the house

Catch, just be sure of the laws in your area. A lot of us are in areas where a rake would make a game illegal.
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only assign one rake to each type of buy-in, but you can add additional, fixed dollar, rakes for expenses. given your set-up, you could either assign a $5 rake to each buy-in, or assign a $4 rake to each buy-in and then manually rake $1 per as an expense based on the number of buy-ins, once the tourney has started.

the TM will not, unfortunately, at this time track the TOC rake over time, but I believe the good doctor is adding this feature to V.3

As to expense rakes, i second the notion of checking the laws in your area. the minute the house makes money in any way other than playing the game, you are in the gambling business, and some places frown on that intensely.
Stick
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per rakes, even though you are using the money to buy chairs or whatever, consider this: who owns the chairs at the end of the year? Same with chips / tables / trays, etc.

I have just started taking a $5 rake from the game, but that will be to pay for the fixed expense of TM, and the extra to go towards end of the year prizes. I can safely say I do not profit from the rake because I will neither own the prizes or TM.
I imagine raking for food and drink would be ok, too.
Catch22
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to rake the $1; that would make the game illegal. The whole $5 will go towards the TOC prize.

I am going to rely on donations to cover expenses.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: