drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG you folded WHAT???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: OMG you folded WHAT??? Reply with quote

Today is Emancipation Day - a public holiday. So last night my home poker group got together for a cash game. We play dealer's choice, and the hand in question occurred during an Omaha NL game. Bunch of limpers saw a 6c 6d 4c flop. Small Blind checked, EP (short-stacked maniac) checked, MP (weak-loose nit - calls too much, only raises with the nuts) bet 100 or so into a 350 pot (divide by 60 for US$), fold around to SB who calls, and Maniac calls.

Next card is 8c. SB bets 400, Maniac pushes for about twice that, MP calls, SB raises 1k (with about 5k behind), MP (with maybe 3k behind) folds the ~4k pot.

MP had 6-6-9-T. Says he thought SB's raise meant 5c-7c.

Much hilarity ensued. SB had 8-8, of course.

Later that night, MP hits quads again. Manages not to fold when no Straight Flush possibilities appear on the board. And provides confirmation to me at least that God does not exist.

PS I have no idea why the 4c shows like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Home Poker Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: