drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie Reply with quote

I must check this site 20 times a day. Smile Thanks Doc! I hope I don't get fired...
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too... Damn, I'm a poker nerd!

-Max
iddiride
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I third the motion....I've got friends that have spent $50 or $60 or more on commercial software that doesn't do half the things Jeff's does. Keep up the good work Jeff, and keep supporting him everyone else!
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie Reply with quote

jumperjeff wrote:
I must check this site 20 times a day. Smile Thanks Doc! I hope I don't get fired...

Hmm. Rumor is that you kicked the habit...
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
jumperjeff wrote:

Or he got fired so he no longer checks the site at work. I think we are all hoping it would be the former over the later. Either way, once you are hooked, you always come back.
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
jumperjeff wrote:

Haven't kicked the habit. I'm still here several times a day. Just not 20 anymore.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I'm a Dr. Neau junkie Reply with quote

jumperjeff wrote:
drneau wrote:
jumperjeff wrote:

Haven't kicked the habit. I'm still here several times a day. Just not 20 anymore.

somebody on the TD forum wrote:
Well, now that I know that TD is actively being supported, I think I'll pony up the $25 and make myself legal. One of the things I like about TD is the one-time purchase fee.

Turncoat!
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never said that I like TD better. In fact I used it (the new version) on Saturday for the first time to test it out to decide if I want to "pony up the $25".

While the app ran my tournament well, and the elimination option is a nice added feature, I don't know if I can get my head around his screen layout config interface. The new system with screen sets, and "tokens" seems to be way more complicated than it needs to be.

Your TM seems to be a lot smoother and maybe it's just because I've played with it more, I like it better.

I also like the continual updates, and the way you incorporate users' suggestions and bug fixes so quickly.

And technically, I think your subscription payment plan is a valid one.

BUT

I've only run two tournaments since Christmas. One was Saturday and we had 8 players. The other was the day after Christmas and we had 16. I don't know when the next one will be.

So, while I'd honestly much rather use TM, the recurring payment plan doesn't work for me. It would work out to $10 (or more) per night, and at the moment, that's what we have for a buy-in.

Maybe once I build a table and host monthly games (hopefully), it will make more sense, but for now, I'll probably use yours for less than 12 people and Corey's for more than 12.

I hope I'm not coming across as criticizing your choice to use a subscription based model, but if you had a one-time fee, I'd already own it. I like tinkering and would probably pay for it just to work on the screen layouts and league functions to see how everything works.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumperjeff wrote:
While the app ran my tournament well, and the elimination option is a nice added feature, I don't know if I can get my head around his screen layout config interface. The new system with screen sets, and "tokens" seems to be way more complicated than it needs to be.

Your TM seems to be a lot smoother and maybe it's just because I've played with it more, I like it better.

I also like the continual updates, and the way you incorporate users' suggestions and bug fixes so quickly.

Hmmm. I must've missed that in your posting on Corey's forum... Smile I assume you'll add that in a reply. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I understand your subscription position...guess you just have to start having more tournaments!
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Just because I like you, I just made a $10 payment for 3 months of support. Hopefully, I'll be able to use it at least once in that time. Smile

Do you need an email or anything since the paypal email address is different from my forum name?

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Feedback & ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: