drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please define these variables so I better understand

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ouliwei
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Please define these variables so I better understand Reply with quote

Where can I find how the variables are given values? What are their definitions?

From using a suggested ranking system from somewhere on this discussion group I got the following scoring system. All I did was add the incentive for the knock out, which might cause some problems. If the person who wins knocks out no one and the player who finishes knocks out 2 people, then the person who came in second actually becomes a points leader in the league. Any suggestions on how to work this out.

score = ((sqrt(((a * b) * (b / c))) / (d + 1.0)) + (e * 1.5))

where

a = Tournament Buy-in Count
b = Player Buy-in Expense
c = Player Total Expense
d = Player Finish
e = Player Knockout Count

Score accumulation method: Total
Score weighting method: Equal
Score decay rate: 0.0
Score number format: Double
Minimum tournament participation: 0 tournaments
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: