drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infinite last blind level

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamski
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Infinite last blind level Reply with quote

I would like an option to add the last blind level in a betting schedule without a time limit. This way, you can top the limit at a reasonable level, instead of having the last couple of hands being forced all-in on the blind with ever-increasing levels.

I realize I could just set a very high time limit, but I don't want any countdown on the console. In fact, a regular timer would be nice instead, so the countdown just starts counting up.

I know this is nice-to-have, rather than need, but, hey, that's pretty much the program in a nutshell Wink
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Infinite last blind level Reply with quote

adamski wrote:
I would like an option to add the last blind level in a betting schedule without a time limit. This way, you can top the limit at a reasonable level, instead of having the last couple of hands being forced all-in on the blind with ever-increasing levels.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't that the point of a NLHE tournament - force people to bet so that the tournament ends after a resonable time? Doesn't it get a little boring trading blinds if players aren't forced to make tough decisions?

adamski wrote:
I realize I could just set a very high time limit, but I don't want any countdown on the console. In fact, a regular timer would be nice instead, so the countdown just starts counting up.

Why count up? What's the difference if you're not forcing people to bet?

Max
I'm such a knee jerk...
Slick_207
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pause = infinite blind level Smile
adamski
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Infinite last blind level Reply with quote

MaxPower wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't that the point of a NLHE tournament - force people to bet so that the tournament ends after a resonable time? Doesn't it get a little boring trading blinds if players aren't forced to make tough decisions?

Sure. But It's not a tough decision if all you do is going all-in on the blind. In any NL tournament, I tend to find that a max big blind of roughly a third of the average chip count (when you reach heads up) gives players the option to go all-in. But you're not really playing poker if all you do is going all in on the blind. Then it's just whoever holds the better cards, and all the "playing the player" is gone. That's why I want to max out the blind levels.

MaxPower wrote:

Why count up? What's the difference if you're not forcing people to bet?

I am! This is admittedly more nice-to-have, but the point is that the tournament is not over, and I think it would be silly if it just said "00:00", or even worse, that the tournament ended.

/Adam
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what you are going to do:

1) Create a custom console that doesn't have a clock on it
2) On the "Console Layouts" panel, associate that console with "c1".
3) Have the final round on your blind schedule last 1 minute. Have it pause at the end and have it use c1.

Done.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: