drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1996 World Championships

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: 1996 World Championships Reply with quote

Computer recorded it for me...not sure why.

It was on ESPN, hosted by Gabe. Held at the Trump Taj.

Hellmuth was skinnier. He has a huge chip lead when it is down to 4. Surinder knocks someone one to get closer.

Phil against Surinder. Phil raises preflop with 4's. Surinder calls with crap. Flop give Surinder an overpair. Phil goes all-in. Surinder calls. Phil loses but still has chips. Phil goes on to complain aloud, "I can't believe these guys are calling with that!! You should see what these guys are playing!!"

Phil just before the next hand: "I've decided I want to win. Only good play from now on".

Phil goes out on the next hand.

Interviewed by Gabe: "I am the best. I should win. I mean....the only reason I'm out is because of 2 horrible beats I took. I mean...c'mon." Of course, one of the horrible beats was when Phil went all-in with low pair...

Gabe: "So, you'd rather finish 1st or go out early?"

Phil: "I want to win."
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had ANY respect at all for Phillie Hellmouth (and that was very little) it's now gone after his displays at this year's WSOP.

Steve Dannenman reminded me of the little kid in the children's tale "The Emperor's New Clothes" at the TOC when he said to the idiot...

Quote:
No one should buy your books or DVDs 'cause you're a punk!!

Norman Chad, in his facination with Hellmouth lately jumped to Phillie's defense saying that Dannenman was "being petty" for asking that the TD instruct Hellmuth to stack his chips properly... which led Phillie to have a completely childish and irrational blow-up at the TD (and according to Scott Matusow - Mike's brother) Not only demanded that the TD "show it to him in the rules" (which we saw on camera) but also threatened to have the TD fired (which ESPN edited out).

Well... in Steve's defense... Chad is out to lunch on this one... and so is his "favorite boy".

In fact... to think that Hellmouth with all his experience doesn't know the rules is insane.

"His Holiness" has sunk to the level of thinking he's ABOVE the rules.

There IS a rule about stacking your chips... and Hellmuth knows it. No "cast in stone blueprint" but the same rule that every other major tourney uses... neatly, keeping table space usage reasonable, with larger denominations in front.

Dannenman was perfectly within his rights to complain to the TD about little Phillie's childish "mess" when he was getting short-stacked and steaming.

And this wasn't the first time that His Highness got pi**y for being called on rules that he DOES INDEED KNOW...

Even a raw WSOP rookie knows the "show one, show all" rule... and he got bent out of shape for being called on that one too.

The "Christmas Gift" he got at the TOC was appropriate... He's a donkey as a human being.

Show me a Hellmuth fan and I'll show you my favorite opponent at the table... usually young, and always grossly over confident and easily tiltable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: