drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server has been acting really weird, no clue where to look

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamhawk
"Straight Flush that I Folded"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Server has been acting really weird, no clue where to look Reply with quote

Hii...

My server has been working just fine for the last weeks. I was editing some stuff on my Home Assistant docker and I made a YAML mistakes. Because of this the docker didn't want to boot, suddenly my whole webui was unresponsive. I have read somewhere that a docker sometimes eats up all the resources and the webgui doesn't work anymore. So I wanted to ssh into the server but that was unreachable, so I went over to my keyboard and monitor for the server but I was unable to type anything into the console, totally unresponsive. So I shut it down, rebooted it and it worked just fine, I mount the disks and everything seems to be working again. Than after 20 minutes (while I was getting something to drink) the server was unresponsive again, same problems as last time. I did a memtest after which it passed, I booted again and suddenly my server was (kind of) stable again. It didn't crash for an hour but I suddenly had 2 docker orphan images and 2 dockers just broke with a lot of errors, I removed all the dockers with problems. After 2~ hours the webui was unreachable but the dockers were still responsive, after 5~ hours the webui was responsive again but my cache drive was filled to 100%. With a lot of weird rsync errors in my log (AFAIK I never did something with rsync). I'll attach the logs to this post because I have absolutely no clue what's happening with my server.

Thanks..!

For More Details:

Animated sales video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: