drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last night's tournament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Last night's tournament Reply with quote

I reckon I have the most ungrateful bunch of players that ever got together to throw a few chips around.

They've got the Nevada Jack clays, they've got the new 10-seater table, they've got the Copag cards; all gladly provided by yours truly. Last tourney I client/server-ed TM so there'd be two screens showing (and these are only 1-tablers), and wouldn't you know, somebody complained that the screens should have been placed facing the long sides of the table, (I guess he actually had to turn his head [horrors] to see the screen).

So this weekend I borrowed the projector from the office and we had the 3-foot square TM screen on the wall. It was effing great, really set the mood. Next week no doubt they'll find something else to complain about. But it's ok. With a 7-straight ITM streak, including a win last night, I can listen to them complain all night as I stack chips.
bigdaddy702
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same position as you. Every week it seems there is someone complaining about some inane little thing. Last week, the manager of the place we play at started griping about a $5 bounty per player. This week I informed the crowd that I was raking $5 to pay for cards and such. They seem to like a new deck every game, so we Bicycle brand...

I bought a laptop for this, built a beautiful table, bought all the chips, found a place to play, and he still wants me to furnish the cards from my own pocket. Needless to say, he will not be welcome again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: