drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working between two computers? Flash drive??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lvautoglass
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Working between two computers? Flash drive?? Reply with quote

Dr. Neau,

I have searched the forum's for the answer to this question, but have not found an answer. If it is there, and I missed it, I am sorry.

I have paid for and used your program exclusively for the last 8 years. During that time, I have always worked off of one computer, and then on the day of the tournament, disconnected and carried the computer to the poker room, where I reset it up. I have done this each time.

I think I need to move more into the computer age where I work off of my shop computer to create and add players, and then take a flash drive down to the poker room where I now have another computer.

I really ONLY want to use the flash drive for the night of the tournament. ( I am worried that if I leave the flash drive in my computer ALL the time, that someday that flash dive will crash and be hung out to dry.)

My question is this, with one subscription and one license, must I use the flash drive exclusively to create the tourney, add players and then take that flash drive down to the other computer the night of the tourney?

OR

Can I create the tourney on a free version on my Hard Drive, update 50 some players, and then just run it on the licensed flash drive???

Hope this question makes sense. I really only want to use the flash drive the night of the tournament, but do all other tournament work on the NON-Poker room tournament. How do I do it.

Again, if this is answered in another forum post, I am sorry that I missed it.

I can play poker, but when it comes to computers, I am........ lacking.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) I license the computer...not the flash drive.
b) You can get multiple hosts licensed, if needed...just get me the host id.

So, what you could do:
- On your "comfy" computer, work on the repository and get everything ready
- Copy the repository to your flash drive
- Work off the flash drive during the tournament (or copy it to the other computer)
- Copy the repository from your flash drive back onto your comfy computer

The only issue there is mentally managing the copying of the repository.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: