drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up network questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Setting up network questions Reply with quote

Hello,

I just watched a few videos you made about V3 and feel I should setup a network since the capabilities are there.

Right now I am using TM v3 on a desktop that is connected to a main monitor and on the same video card I am cloning the main screen to the second video output that is split to go to 4 large tv screens 37 inches to 55 inches in the game room. I am using S-video to do this (started with that and never updated even though all the TVs support HDMI now).

So... here are my questions.

I am only using the simple tournament option right now. I track players on a sheet of paper.

What I would like to do and am not sure how to implement it is this:

- Use a networked Laptop to take in registrations and enter eliminations.
- Control TM remotelly (change levels, update buyins, rebuys, addons and so on).

I am not sure how the networking works but from what I understand the clients are the ones displaying to screen and the server hosts the actual tournament data. If so I would need to make my laptop the server... is this the way it works?

I would rather not have the laptop as the server. Is it possible to have the laptop only be a remote interface for the server?

Also if I understand correctly I will not need to purchase a second license to do this. Right?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No second license required.

For my networking, the "server" is the system where the repository lives. It is the system from which you drive the tournament.

The "clients" are simply for displaying console data, plus a few various simple functions.

Whichever system you use to enter players, do buyins, etc. needs to be the server.

Now, it IS possible through other facilities to do things like remote desktop.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: