drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chip Cases - Multiple or Consolidated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Chip Cases, Chip Designs and Chip Distribution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gallandro
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Chip Cases - Multiple or Consolidated? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on repository chip cases setup.

I have multiple real-world chip cases all of the same design.

When it comes to having them in the DNTM repository, I can either set each actual real case up as a seperate chip case in the repository, or I can just put them all into 1 large virtual case.

In particular the point that concerns me is that I have, for example, 2 cases that are exactly the same. Each on contains the same breakdown of chips and colours. So if I put them into their own repository chip case, when I go to import these 2 chip cases into a tournament, the listing shows them as 2 seperate line items of, e.g. 100 white chips rather than aggregating them into a single line item of 200 white chips.

I was originally thinking that I should put them into their own virtual chip cases so I could more easily specify to only use a subset of my real chips, but the multiple line item problem has me thinking of doing just the one virtual case.

In particular the multiple line items makes the Chip Distribution Planner confusing.

What does everyone else think?
How are you all doing it?
Has anyone run across this and got a solution?
Muley05
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that you have (for example) a total of 1000 chips in two 500 chip cases.

I have a similar set up. In the Tourney Manager program, I input the total number of each chip color I have into the virtual chip case, even though in real life they may be in two or three different physical cases.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't design the chip manager with the thought that you'd have two or more lines with the same chip value.

I'd just create multiple virtual cases.
- Wee Case
- No-So-Wee Case
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Gallandro
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Yeah that's what I'll do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Chip Cases, Chip Designs and Chip Distribution All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: