drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-usable betting schedules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re-usable betting schedules Reply with quote

Hello,

I am in the process of configuring TM for the use by my league. I have completed all the dashboards and now am trying to set-up the betting schedules.

I may not understand how V3 works but I seems unable to create a re-usable schedule. The interface seems to want specific dates and times for levels. All I need is a simple betting schedule that I can load no matter what day or time the tournament is. How would go about doing that.

Also, my tournaments usually start at exactly 7:30 PM. Right now I am timing this manually but is there a way to make TM start round 1 at exactly 7:30? I will be using a pre-tourney dashboard as well.

I noticed the complexity of the software increased 3 fold between V2 and V3. So I am guessing there is a lot more flexibility build into the software now, I just can't seems to figure out how to do what I want.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dates & times of day are not technically part of the betting schedule.

Those columns are displayed as an "FYI" to let you know when you'll be at each point in the schedule.

When you're creating a betting schedule in the component library, you can specify the starting time for the schedule. However, the only thing that impacts is the estimate start/end time for each level...again, for planning purposes.

When your betting schedule is part of a tournament, the timings are based off of either:
- The start time of the tournament, if the schedule has no active levels, or
- The current time of day and point in the schedule, if the schedule has an active level.

For your purposes, the only thing that matters is that your TOURNAMENT specifies a 7:30 start time.

Does that make sense?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, that's very useful then. I'll give it an other go.
Muley05
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tourneys are supposed to start at 7pm, but we usually start a few minutes late. I use 20 minute blind levels.

In a perfect world, my levels would start at 7:00, 7:20, 7:40, etc.

When I start the timer at 7:06pm, my levels are 7:06, 7:26, 7:46, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Betting Schedules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: