drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bounty Payouts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalsing
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Bounty Payouts Reply with quote

I think I figured it out, but it was confusing at the end of my last tourney:

I had a $10 buy-in tourney, and an optional $1 extra for bounty.

I bought everyone in for $10, and put a $1 bounty on the ones who paid the extra $1.

The program took the $1 bounties out of the prize pool, it didn't assume they'd paid $1 in to the bounty pool. I payed out according to the payout schedule but ended up with extra $$ in my box (basically the bounty pool)

I found later that I should create TWO buyins in the finance tab, one for $10 and one for $11 for those who opted in the bounty hunt...

While this is easy enough, it wasn't obvious in the UI how to incorporate bounties.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: How bounties work Reply with quote

The "optional" buy-in bounty concept is foreign to me. We always just have a flat bounty across the board.

Implementing the optional bounty the way you realized is the way to do it in the current release (two different buy-ins).
tgutierrez
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How bounties work Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
The "optional" buy-in bounty concept is foreign to me. We always just have a flat bounty across the board.

Implementing the optional bounty the way you realized is the way to do it in the current release (two different buy-ins).

Am I correct that you would do the same thing (i.e., 2 different buy-ins) to fund a "bad beat jackpot" where some, but not all, players have contributed an extra $5 over and above the buy-in to fund a bad beat jackpot?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Pretty much Reply with quote

Man, what's with all these optional things!? Smile
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How bounties work Reply with quote

tgutierrez wrote:
Am I correct that you would do the same thing (i.e., 2 different buy-ins) to fund a "bad beat jackpot" where some, but not all, players have contributed an extra $5 over and above the buy-in to fund a bad beat jackpot?

What is a "Bad Beat Jackpot"? Sounds interesting....

-Max

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How bounties work Reply with quote

MaxPower wrote:
What is a "Bad Beat Jackpot"? Sounds interesting....

-Max

In our tournament (see http://members.cox.net/terrygutierrez ), we have an optional Bad Beat Jackpot where the highest losing hand of the evening wins the entire jackpot. You have to contribute to such jackpot, however, to be able to win the jackpot. Typically, we only have one or two guys that don't want to contribute, and the highest losing hand is typically an A-high flush that gets cracked by a full house. A couple of years back, however, we had four 3s get whooped by four 6s (or something like that) and the guy who got whooped didn't buy-in to the bad beat jackpot. Very Happy
bigdaddy702
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run two games every Sunday night and sometimes two during the weeks sometimes. We have a bad beat buy in every game for $1 per player. To qualify, the losing hand must be at least J-J-J-X-X. The winner and loser of that hand will split the pot. We started this during the first game on Feb. 13 and had a winner that first game, who won $11. After that, it rolled over for 7 games and had accumulated $58 before it was won again. I'm thinking about raising the losing hand a little to make it build up a little bigger. All the players seem to have no problem with this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: