drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement: Hot Key elimination option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Enhancement: Hot Key elimination option Reply with quote

Would it be possible to streamline eliminations if you don't need/want to use eliminators? I was thinking maybe something along the lines of the following:

Hot key (e), then player ID#, then Enter.

This would eliminate the need to see the elimination wizard if you knew the player ID#'s. I don't dislike the tool, but I was just looking for a way to simplify the procedure for the clock operator if he was playing and involved in a hand. I know that eliminations don't need to be logged immediately, this was just an idea. I hope this is not as bad as the "flashing component" idea seemed to be. Embarassed
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the other option is to go to the roster, select the player and hit "eliminate".
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It was just a thought to ... oh well, I'll just file this right behind my other great idea. puke_r
Addicted
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd second this upgrade. While I think the current method is easy to use, 99% of my league members still can't figure out how to RSVP on e-vite. It would be great if the elimination process could be stupid-proof: Hit E, then click on your name, then hit OK.
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addicted wrote:
I'd second this upgrade. While I think the current method is easy to use, 99% of my league members still can't figure out how to RSVP on e-vite. It would be great if the elimination process could be stupid-proof: Hit E, then click on your name, then hit OK.

I was thinking 4 keystrokes would be faster than having to navigate away from the console. The current procedure is fine, but for bums like me, I was just looking for a short-cut. It would be cool for rebuys and add-ons also.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathand wrote:
Addicted wrote:

I was thinking 4 keystrokes would be faster than having to navigate away from the console. The current procedure is fine, but for bums like me, I was just looking for a short-cut. It would be cool for rebuys and add-ons also.

Actually, you don't have to navigate away from the console now. You can buy-in, add-on, rebuy and eliminate from the console OR the roster.
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
pathand wrote:
Addicted wrote:

Actually, you don't have to navigate away from the console now. You can buy-in, add-on, rebuy and eliminate from the console OR the roster.

Yes sir. I suppose all I'm really trying to do is eliminate the use of the mouse which is more of a lazy issue rather than a fix issue. This was not meant to be a complaint, just a suggestion.

I've only used the software twice since I got my laptop fixed, and we have totally enjoyed the vast improvement over the other timer. Thanks again.
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:

This is the way I do it (and have taught my wife and friend)... works just fine...
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addicted wrote:

That's actually the way it worked a LONG LONG time ago.

Then people wanted to track eliminators.
Then I ran into my first case of two people being eliminated at once.

So, rather than have a bunch of different ways to do it depending on your situation, we now just have one standard elimination wizard.
Addicted
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good enough. My group has never been accused of being smart. I fit in well with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Tournaments All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: