drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement request: Payout schedule based on prize pool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Payout Schedules, Chops & Side Bets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybershoe
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Enhancement request: Payout schedule based on prize pool Reply with quote

Title pretty much says it all... I'd like to be able to have different payout tiers based on total prize pool amount, rather than number of buy-ins(+rebuys(+addons)). i.e.: add a payout to the 3rd place finisher if the prize pool grows above a certain amount, due to rebuys/add-ons.
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we already do that? Maybe I'm not understanding the request(surprise!), but when you set your payout tiers, aren't the number of payouts adjustable? Number of buyins, rebuys, and add-ons = size of prize pool. That's how I've designed mine. Like I said, I probably misunderstood the question.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added to enhancement list
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
Added to enhancement list

Ok. Did I misunderstand cybershoe's request? Is setting up tiers to adjust payouts from the prize pool based on the number of buyins/rebuys/add-ons different than the requested enhancement? What am I missing? Be gentle. Confused
Muley05
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people base their payouts on the number of players in the tourney, such as if there are 17 players I pay out 4 places and if there are 18 places I pay out 5 places.

If I'm reading it right, the OP wants to pay out another place or two if the prize pool gets over a certain amount. So if there are LOTS of rebuys and add ons, another player or two gets paid out. Like in my example above of paying out 5 places in an 18 player tourney, but if the total prize pool goes over $1200, then we pay out 6 places.

I think.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muley05 wrote:
Most people base their payouts on the number of players in the tourney, such as if there are 17 players I pay out 4 places and if there are 18 places I pay out 5 places.

If I'm reading it right, the OP wants to pay out another place or two if the prize pool gets over a certain amount. So if there are LOTS of rebuys and add ons, another player or two gets paid out. Like in my example above of paying out 5 places in an 18 player tourney, but if the total prize pool goes over $1200, then we pay out 6 places.

I think.

But I'm still confused because if you wanted to do that, you could just pay more based on buy-ins + addons/rebuys. Right?

I do need more explanation and reasoning from the OP.
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just used to our tournaments which could use some improvement. I'm hung up on the " total numbers" instead of the "total players" I guess. It generally takes me awhile to figure things out. d'oh!
Muley05
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
Muley05 wrote:

I think.

But I'm still confused because if you wanted to do that, you could just pay more based on buy-ins + addons/rebuys. Right?

I do need more explanation and reasoning from the OP.

At all of my tourneys, I pay out based on number of buy ins, no matter how big the prize pool gets because of any rebuys or addons. So I don't know if the software allows you to make payout schedules based on anything other than number of buy ins.

When you say "you could just pay more based on buy-ins + addons/rebuys", to me that means that you are paying out based on the number of buy ins, but the people who get paid get paid more because of the rebuys and addons.

OP, I think, wants to change the number of people that get paid if the prize pool grows above a certaiin point.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set up your schedule so that tiers are selected based on:

- Total buy-in count (what most people, including me, use)
- Total buy-in + add-on count
- Total buy-in + rebuy count
- Total buy-in + add-on + rebuy count

I guess I don't really see where basing it on a prize pool adds any value, because the prize pool only goes up as people purchase buy-ins, add-ons and rebuys...
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathand wrote:
Can't we already do that? Maybe I'm not understanding the request(surprise!), but when you set your payout tiers, aren't the number of payouts adjustable? Number of buyins, rebuys, and add-ons = size of prize pool. That's how I've designed mine. Like I said, I probably misunderstood the question.

Does this mean my original reply was correct?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathand wrote:
pathand wrote:

But not as well-written as mine Surprised
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
pathand wrote:
pathand wrote:

But not as well-written as mine Surprised

Of course. However, this is cause for celebration. Drinks on me! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Payout Schedules, Chops & Side Bets All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: