drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archive completed tournaments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muley05
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Archive completed tournaments Reply with quote

I think it would be beneficial to be able to archive completed tournaments, so that the list of tournaments wasn't so long. Also, maybe archive the tournaments of a league season in a seperate area, too. Perhaps users could decide how the tourneys were archived.

For example, say I had a league season that comprised 10 tournaments that went from Jan 2008 to Dec 2008. I had another league season that had 8 tournaments from Jan 2007 to Jun 2007. And also ran 5 other tournaments that were not part of a league season. So instead of having all 23 tournaments in the Tournaments section of the repository, I could have the completed tournaments in an Archived Tournaments folder in the repository. And perhaps as part of the Archived Tournaments folder, there could be a League Season 2008 folder for the 2008 league tourneys and a League Season 2007 folder for the 2007 league tourneys.

Make sense? Doable? Anyone else think this is a good idea?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a few things.

If you want to get at the tournaments for a league, then I'd suggest that you go to the league library panel rather than the tournament panel. From the league library panel, you can select a league, see its tournaments and then activate a tournament.

Based on what you typed, you aren't really asking for true "archiving". Archive essentially means "I don't wanna see it any more, but it's still there". You are really asking for categorization, and that's pretty much there.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Tournaments All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: