drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuy Tournament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Rebuy Tournament Reply with quote

I ran my first rebuy tournament this weekend and had one issue with DNTM... rebought players are unseated. Would it be possible to:

1) When a player is knocked out while rebuys are available, could you pop up a screen asking if the player wants to rebuy.

2) If yes to above, pop up another screen asking if you want the player seated in his previous seat or a new seat.

This would be much easier on my less experianced clock operators (I had to jump up and miss several hands to correct the 5 or 6 unseated but rebaught players... a bit of a hassle).
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuy Tournament Reply with quote

MissileMan wrote:
I ran my first rebuy tournament this weekend and had one issue with DNTM... rebought players are unseated. Would it be possible to:

1) When a player is knocked out while rebuys are available, could you pop up a screen asking if the player wants to rebuy.

2) If yes to above, pop up another screen asking if you want the player seated in his previous seat or a new seat.

This would be much easier on my less experianced clock operators (I had to jump up and miss several hands to correct the 5 or 6 unseated but rebaught players... a bit of a hassle).

Actually, the elimination wizard gives you the opportunity to rebuy right in it. If you do, it doesn't even unseat the player...

So, #1 is not going to happen since the facility to rebuy as part of an elimination is already there...

#2 isn't going to happen since most people run tournaments where a rebuying player stays in the same seat. (and if they don't, you can just reseat them on the seating panel.

Now, that all sounds negative...but what IS on the list (and I assume this would have helped you a lot) is some way to handle this:
- You eliminate someone who doesn't want to rebuy
- After you commit the dialog, they change their mind about rebuying
- You rebuy them
- They are still unseated.
So, at the time you rebuy someone...if they are unseated and other players ARE seated, a dialog will pop up telling you they are unseated and asking where they should sit...then you can pick a seat or seat them randomly.

How's that?

This is slated for a near release since I deal with it in my own tournaments.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Seating All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: