drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Request] league

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentjoker
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: [Request] league Reply with quote

What all things do you plan on putting in this program for leagues? Im just wondering what all even if not complete or started work on yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League support is pretty much all there. Are you looking for something that doesn't exist yet?

- You create a tournament and add it to a league.
- In your tournament, you define a scoring method.
- The league determines which tournaments count toward league results.
- The league determines which players are excluded from league standings.
- The league determines the criteria for qualifying for league standings.
- The league totals up the top X scores.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
silentjoker
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the money factor right now i use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the funds what comes from each tourny how much is added from no jackpot winners etc.

Also that public side bet from payout from league funds.

its a small feature but it would eliminate alot of extra work and tracking.

We do 20$ buyins get split up 3 ways. 2$ - League, 2$- Food 1$- Global Sidebet, 15$ prizepool, per person. There is no way to implament this with your program with any of it atm except the prize poool. Or atleast i havent found out how yet. food is an expense but its only 2$ per person so i cannot make it a fixed expense untill after the tournament is complete wich would change the prize pool around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silentjoker wrote:
the money factor right now i use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the funds what comes from each tourny how much is added from no jackpot winners etc.

Also that public side bet from payout from league funds.

its a small feature but it would eliminate alot of extra work and tracking.

We do 20$ buyins get split up 3 ways. 2$ - League, 2$- Food 1$- Global Sidebet, 15$ prizepool, per person. There is no way to implament this with your program with any of it atm except the prize poool. Or atleast i havent found out how yet. food is an expense but its only 2$ per person so i cannot make it a fixed expense untill after the tournament is complete wich would change the prize pool around.

There will be financials added into the league to see how much is coming from each tournament.

I'm confused why you can't implement the food rake. If it's $2 per person, then have a house rake of $2 per person.

Why can't you have a $20 buy-in with $3 going to the league, $2 going to the house (for food) and $15 going to the prize pool? (forgetting about that league fee paying for the sidebet for a moment)
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
silentjoker
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya i forgot dunno why i didnt do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: