drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chip Distribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Chip Cases, Chip Designs and Chip Distribution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Chip Distribution Reply with quote

Here's an idea I had...

Since I (and most people) have a set count in my chip case, would it be possible to have a graduated schedule for chip distribution based on the buy-in count? This would be much like the payout schedule, and in my opinion, would be very useful when my tournament hits player count milestones where the current chip distribution scheme won't work.

Let me know what you all think!
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip Distribution Reply with quote

MissileMan wrote:
Here's an idea I had...

Since I (and most people) have a set count in my chip case, would it be possible to have a graduated schedule for chip distribution based on the buy-in count? This would be much like the payout schedule, and in my opinion, would be very useful when my tournament hits player count milestones where the current chip distribution scheme won't work.

Let me know what you all think!

Elaborate.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip Distribution Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
Elaborate.

Really, I would think the programming would be somewhat similar to the payout schedule... am I that far out in left field?

The reasoning behind this is that I don't know how many players I have until about 15 minutes before the tournament is to start. This would help me by allowing me to redistribute the chips quickly.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip Distribution Reply with quote

MissileMan wrote:
drneau wrote:
Elaborate.

Really, I would think the programming would be somewhat similar to the payout schedule... am I that far out in left field?

The reasoning behind this is that I don't know how many players I have until about 15 minutes before the tournament is to start. This would help me by allowing me to redistribute the chips quickly.

Can't you just change the target player count and redistribute?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip Distribution Reply with quote

[quote="drneau"]
MissileMan wrote:

Can't you just change the target player count and redistribute?

Sure I can... but with money flying and all, it's just that much more to think about!
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What may be required is not so much the distribution of the number of chips each player recieves, but the value of each chip, and how it relates to the betting schedule.

For instance, I struggle sometimes with what the denomination of each of my chips should be. Should I make one chip worth 1000? Maybe 500? Should I start with increments of 5, 10, 25, or should I start with 1, 5, 20?

Again, the logic behind all of this probably requires the use of a few quad cores, and, in the end, the ROI is probably small - but hey, if you got nothing better to do tonight, I'd say give it a shot, Doc!

Max
Damn your Vulcan Logic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Chip Cases, Chip Designs and Chip Distribution All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: