drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More news: Tournament cash flow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: More news: Tournament cash flow Reply with quote

Yes, still working on v3.

For those who have asked...fall only started 10 days ago!! I've still got 80 days to make my estimate of a fall beta!

I've been working on the accounting aspect of a tournament, and that's made me think of some other improvements. I'll cover all here.

First, one of the panels on your tournament will be a "Cash Flow Report". This will show all incoming and outgoing funds at a high level, and allow you to drill down into details if you wish.

The report will start with an "Incoming Funds" section, followed by an "Outgoing Funds" section. The difference (if there is any) is flagged as leftover (you'd only have leftover if your payout schedule didn't dole out all monies).

Incoming Funds
Buy-Ins
Add-Ons
Rebuys
Side Bets
Fixed Added
Total Revenue (Cash on Hand)

Outgoing Funds
League Contribution
Buy-Ins
Add-Ons
Rebuys
Side Bets
Fixed to League
Total League Contribution

House Rake
Buy-Ins
Add-Ons
Rebuys
Side Bets
Fixed to Rake
Total House Rake

Total Expenses

Side Bet Adjustment

Payout Distribution
Net Prize Pool
Fixed Prizes
Net Percentage Pool
Percentage Distributions

Leftover

So, a few things to note about this:
- With each buy-in/add-on/rebuy/side-bet purchase option, you specify the total cost, the amount taken for the league and the amount taken for a rake.
- The cash flow report makes it easy to see how much money should be in your pocket
- Expenses! There is now an expense table where you can enter expenses. Each expense has a name, an amount and a designation for whether or not the expense should be taken from the prize pool. Information from the expenses automatically flows to the prize pool calculation.
- Payout schedules will no longer force you to pay out 100%. I would think you'd want to, but you won't be forced to.
- Side Bet adjustment. This is a correction for if your side bets take in more money than they pay out, or vise versa. For example, global bounties take in NO money but have a payout, so we need to adjust the prize pool accordingly.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: