drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st Annual March Madness in the LT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: 1st Annual March Madness in the LT Reply with quote

Tomorrow marks the first time I'll be using Dr. Neau's to run a tourney from home. It's gonna be small - only two tables, twelve players total - but that's what it's all about! I'll post what the results were on Sunday, so stay tuned!

-Max
WCR Poker League Manager
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright - Here's the skinny...

Set up was great - all those that attended the March Madness in the LT Tourney were floored by the Good Doctor's creation. There were a few people that were skeptical, and others that flat out made fun of the geeky-ness of the whole thing, but once they saw what the tool could do, they were lining up to find out where they could get their own! Of course, I told them to contact Dr. Neau, so Jeff, look for more donations.

I had the tourney running while the UC Bearcats were playing Memphis. It was a close one (UC eeked out a victory), but everyone enjoyed the fact that they could watch the UC game AND follow the blinds, for Max hooked up the Picture-In-Picture. Worked like a charm!

The first tourney of the night started with 10 players. It took only a few rounds before people began to go all in... And that made the night go quick. We were completely finished by 9:00. A lot of the quickness was contributed to the Good Doctor. The notices to color up made the night smooth!

In the end, Max finished in the money (3rd). Since we were done so early, a few of us started on more game, only with six players... And this is where things got dicey. Ya see, it looked like the TourneyManager still was on the 120 sec auto save, even with the tourney completed. When I went to start another 6 man game, apparently, this new tourney was saved as the just completed tourney, before I could save off a new tourney name (make sense?). Just two suggestion to Doc - 1) never make a time machine that take 1.21 jiggawatts of power to run, and see if you can get your code not to auto save once the tourney has ended...

I was able to recreate the order of eliminations so I didn't loose any league data.

The second tourney was more exciting for the first - with only six people, the chip leadership went back and forth quite a number of times. Yours truely was sitting on the big stack when he drew Big Slick on the button. Sensing weakness, I went all in. Only one other person called me, and it emptied him out... He was looking to double up, and I had him beat in chips 4 to 1, so it was a good call for him. Up came the cards, my slick to his A-Q. Wouldn't you know it, that lucky SOB drew A-Q-J? I'm turning white as a ghost when the Turn shows a K. I'm sitting back on top of the world! First elimination of the night by Max... but wait. The River. Damn the River... Slowly the card comes up and... yep. The friggen Queen of Hearts. Arg!

No sweat though, I dust off the rest of my chips and get ready to do it all over again - I'm still leading in chips... And the very next hand, I draw a pair of ladies. All in yet again! The very same guy calls me with a A-K. What are the friggen odds? The flop, 5-6-8, no help. I'm still looking good. I guess the ladies had it in for me tonight, cause the Turn flopped an Ace - and to add insult to injury, a King on the river... Yeah - I sucked wind two hands in a row. My night was essentially over, and all that was left was the crying...

But I can honestly say, this night was a success. Dr. Neau's software was the schiznitz, even if my play was not...

Thanks Doc!

-Max
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A: The tool doesn't auto-save to your primary tournament file. It only auto-saves to a backup file in case you really mess things up. You may have selected the wrong option in one of the following dialogs:
- Option to save before closing.
- Option to save upon opening.

B: Dr. Neau does not promote using Dr. Neau's Tournament Manager for gambling...just like Tommy Chong didn't promote his bongs for drug use.

C: While the catch phrase of Dr. Neau's Tournament Manager is "You concentrate on winning the tournament...", Dr. Neau does not guarantee improved performance on your part Smile
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: