drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 issues I need help with

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: 2 issues I need help with Reply with quote

Ok, I re-configured TM for my tournaments....

Re-did the consoles, changed the sounds, etc... So far I am very satisfied with the results.

After testing for the last hour, I have 2 issues I am unable to fix... I hope it can be done.

1st one : I do not want to manage player for now in TM. I love the way you can simply right click and enter number of buy ins and then when ever you want you right click to tell TM how many players are left. Very nice, that suits me perfectly. The issue I have is that I am unable to end the tournament and show the Post tournament console. When I enter 1 as number of players left ... welll the clock keeps on ticking as if there was still a tournament going on... maybe TM thinks the last player needs to beat himself to end? Wink

2nd issue is one of laziness but still....
I did 1 tournament in the software with blinds, buyins, etc then saved it as Thuesday-template.

Then changed the data that needed to be changed for wednesday and saved under wednesday-template.

Did the same for Thursday, friday and Saturday.

Then when I load them back up... the title will not change. It keeps the title of Thuesday's tournament no matter what I do. I must have re-saved 20 times and it will not change. The rest of the info changes, tournamennt description, blind schedule, financial info are all ok but not the title! Why and how do I fix this?

Oh and one other thing that might be entirelly my fault...

When the break starts, it plays 2 sounds instead of one... It seems to play the end of break sound at the start of the break and while that is playing, the start of break sound starts to play.... very wierd. I promise I did not give any drugs or alcool to my computer Wink

Hope to get those little details fixed quickly.

Thanks
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post tournament...here's what you'll need to do for v2:

- Designate a level at the end of your betting schedule that you'll never reach. Set the console for that round to be your "post tournament" console.
- When the tournament ends, jump to that level to get the post-tournament console to display.

2 sounds:
Are your breaks 5 minutes?

Title not changing. Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing here. I'm able to open a tournament, rename it and save it out as something else without issue.

Worst case: Open the tournament XML file and change the title.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok excellent for the post tournament, easy enough.

I have some of the breaks that are 5 mins yes. Is that an issue?

My first break is 15 mins, second is 5 mins and last one is 10 mins.

Thanks for the help with titles, I will do that.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought - is this issue with the tournament name a question of confusing the Tournament title (set on the "Definition" page of the Active tournament) with the file name?
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is with the title of the tournament (what appears on the top line of the console) not the file name.

Tonight I ran into a serious issue with the payouts. I will play with it some more after the tournament but I cannot resolve it now...

No matter what I do, TM adds a percentile payout of 202,50$ to the winner. I try to remove all percentile payouts but TM tells me at least 1 player must be paid... they are with the manual fixed amount payouts. The funny thing is that the percentile payout for the winner is 0% so how does TM calculates 202,50$ is beyond me. The total payout is 437$.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:
The issue is with the title of the tournament (what appears on the top line of the console) not the file name.

Tonight I ran into a serious issue with the payouts. I will play with it some more after the tournament but I cannot resolve it now...

No matter what I do, TM adds a percentile payout of 202,50$ to the winner. I try to remove all percentile payouts but TM tells me at least 1 player must be paid... they are with the manual fixed amount payouts. The funny thing is that the percentile payout for the winner is 0% so how does TM calculates 202,50$ is beyond me. The total payout is 437$.

Email the GD tournament file to me.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Altimate_One
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD??? is that the new name for v3?

Do we get to name it from there? You are just giving us the initials?

Must be getting close to release if the GD (Great Doctor) is starting to come up with catchy names.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: