drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any info on v3?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadmanagerphil
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: any info on v3? Reply with quote

Just wondering if there's any progress on v3. I'm getting a new notebook and looking forward to running tourneys again, but want v3 before I start my subscription back up. Thanks!!
SkipDaddy
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to ask the same question. IS there a V3? If there is, I am not even sure anymore which requests or mods had been earmarked for it.

I'm still hoping for the multiple sounds for the same event. We all get tired of the same knockout sound each time during the evening.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkipDaddy wrote:
I was about to ask the same question. IS there a V3? If there is, I am not even sure anymore which requests or mods had been earmarked for it.

I'm still hoping for the multiple sounds for the same event. We all get tired of the same knockout sound each time during the evening.

Still under development. Less time to develop than there was 3 years ago now that I have 2 more kids Smile

Hard for me to give a complete list of what's in v3...other than A LOT. If you can list specific things, I can answer yes or no.

Multiple sounds per event is in...

What I've been spending time on lately is Java 1.5 (v2 required 1.4.2 or higher...v3 will require 1.5). 1.5 has many new features which should increase performance.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Altimate_One
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you allowed to do that? Tempt us and tell us it could be a while all in the same post. sheesh, what is this world "of poker" coming to?
SkipDaddy
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enums alone should give you a huge boost for all the different types of lists you must maintain inside of that beast.
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg last post was in February... we are in June and no news... not good!

Well I have a few questions, let's see:

Specific sound track for a level increase?

Database for league management (advanced database not basic stuff like V2)?

Ability to export tournament results to excel for editing and re-formating?

Ability to set specific amounts for payouts instead of a calculation?

Ability to run tournament without having to track individual players if we want. In other words, start tournament by entering number of player without having to register each one. Then simply knock them out easilly so average stack can be re-calculated (I know this is a long one) ? Wink

And one question that is not about a new feature... how hard or easy is it to run TM in network mode? What I want to do is this: Use one computer to enter data for the tournament (registrations, payouts, knock outs, etc) and one computer to display the screens toward 2 TVs and a the computer screen (for a total of 3 displays for the room). Is this something simple to do? Will I need special equipement or a simple wireless network will work? Do I need a network technician to set it up?

I might forget some of the stuff, but that was my major issues last year with TM. I will still register again in about 5 mins because there are some features from the software I now need that my current software does not offer. But these are really important to me.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last post that YOU see maybe...

Last post that subscribers see was a few days ago.

Subscribers have access to the v3 forum where the updates on the next release are being posted...

Sound per level: Working on it.

Complete database: Already in. Check this out:
http://drneau.com/playerDBImport/playerDBImport.html

Export results to whatever:
You'll be able to export all kinds of stuff to all kinds of stuff.

Specific amounts for payouts?
You can do that in v2 already...do you need more?

Ability to run a tournament without having to track individual players?
You can do that in v2 already. Check the main tab for the tournament. If you don't want to track players, uncheck the option. The roster and seating tabs disappear and you can enter buy-ins/add-ons/rebuys/remaining player count manually.

Network mode. Should be simple. As long as the computers can find each other.

Calendyr wrote:
Arg last post was in February... we are in June and no news... not good!

Well I have a few questions, let's see:

Specific sound track for a level increase?

Database for league management (advanced database not basic stuff like V2)?

Ability to export tournament results to excel for editing and re-formating?

Ability to set specific amounts for payouts instead of a calculation?

Ability to run tournament without having to track individual players if we want. In other words, start tournament by entering number of player without having to register each one. Then simply knock them out easilly so average stack can be re-calculated (I know this is a long one) ? Wink

And one question that is not about a new feature... how hard or easy is it to run TM in network mode? What I want to do is this: Use one computer to enter data for the tournament (registrations, payouts, knock outs, etc) and one computer to display the screens toward 2 TVs and a the computer screen (for a total of 3 displays for the room). Is this something simple to do? Will I need special equipement or a simple wireless network will work? Do I need a network technician to set it up?

I might forget some of the stuff, but that was my major issues last year with TM. I will still register again in about 5 mins because there are some features from the software I now need that my current software does not offer. But these are really important to me.

Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:

Last post that subscribers see was a few days ago.

Subscribers have access to the v3 forum where the updates on the next release are being posted...

Sound per level: Working on it.

Complete database: Already in. Check this out:
http://drneau.com/playerDBImport/playerDBImport.html

Export results to whatever:
You'll be able to export all kinds of stuff to all kinds of stuff.

Specific amounts for payouts?
You can do that in v2 already...do you need more?

Ability to run a tournament without having to track individual players?
You can do that in v2 already. Check the main tab for the tournament. If you don't want to track players, uncheck the option. The roster and seating tabs disappear and you can enter buy-ins/add-ons/rebuys/remaining player count manually.

Network mode. Should be simple. As long as the computers can find each other.

Very nice for the database import feature. I use Excel to manage the player list so that makes it very easy for me. Can't ask for more than that for imports. I am not sure having unique player names is a good thing, thankfully it can be turned off. I have some players with the same name in my 700 member list so far. I can tell them appart with their nicknames and user numbers. Forcing unique user number is a must.

Well maybe I missed something then for payouts. The way I remember the interface, you could change the payouts but it was not very intuitive. And it was done by entering percentiles for positions. I calculate a very things for my tournaments such as: Rake, dealer fee, cumulative pot, ticket for tournament of champions and so on... so it's easier for me to enter the amounts manually once everyone is registered and I have entered the data in my excel calculation sheet for payouts. So if it were possible to simply have TM show the amounts I enter instead of calculating the amounts it would be really helpful. Also having the option of entering items on the payout list instead of positions would be nice. This way I could have something like:
Winner: x amount
2nd : y amount
3rd : z amount
Dealer fee: a amount
Collective pot: b amount
Total: c amount

I was using the player tracking because I was also using the league features, so I never tried shutting it down. If it is already in that is great, since I am using a completelly different method for tracking player points (I have player sign a roster when they get busted out). Of course in V3 I will want probably want to track people since the database and league features will be improved. What is most important is to be able to do things quickly. Our tournaments start at a specific time, we have a 30 mins registration period before the tournament begins... so everyone must be in the database before we start and with 40-80 people to register, it has to be done very quickly, can't take more than a few secs per person. That was a real pain with V2 because there was no way to search for a person, you had to find it visually in the database and then import it. I hope in V3 I will be able to enter a search for username or user number and get that person quickly from the database, that would be the best thing.

All right well time to register again. Can't wait for V3 Wink
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Calendyr"]
drneau wrote:
I hope in V3 I will be able to enter a search for username or user number and get that person quickly from the database, that would be the best thing.

All right well time to register again. Can't wait for V3 Wink

All you'll have to do is sort on the appropriate column.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:

So if it were possible to simply have TM show the amounts I enter instead of calculating the amounts it would be really helpful.

That's the option you already have in v2, and it remains for v3.

Check out this payout schedule: http://www.drneau.com/images/tmPayoutSchedule.JPG

You can enter "fixed" dollar amounts and "fixed" non-cash prizes. I'd imagine you would just create a single-tier in your schedule (1..MAX), have it pay X positions and enter in only fixed amounts.

You'll also have to go to the "Financials" panel to enter the total of the rakes so that they aren't applied to the prize pool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: