drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using app for HORSE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Using app for HORSE Reply with quote

I'm usnig the app for my first HORSE tournament tomorrow night. Here's what I did:

Create the betting schedule (which might seem tricky, but not really).
For a Hold'em or Omaha round: Use the "Bring-in" column to represent the small blind, the "Small Blind" column to represent the large blind/small bet and the "Large Blind" column to represent te large bet.
For a Razz/Stud/StudHL round: Use the "Bring-in" column to represent the bring-in, the "Small Blind" column to represent the small bet and the "Large Blind" column to represent te large bet.

Create 5 different consoles, one for each game. Each of mine is a different color and lists:
- Level #
- Game
- Betting information

On the Hold'em/Omaha console, have components for:
- Ante: Points to the ante value
- Blinds: Points to the bring-in and small-blind fields
- Bets: Points to the small-blind and large-blind fields

On the Razz/Stud/StudHL consoles, have components for:
- Ante: Points to the ante field
- Bring-in: Points to the bring-in field
- Bets: Points to the small-blind and large-blind fields
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
kenfair
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a similar thing to run a SHOE tournament. I had the same problem you did that there was no easy way to show the small/large bets in the default configuration. So what I did was to assign the values as follows:

For the flop games: In the Betting Schedule, I put the small blind in the "Ante" field, the big blind in the "Bring-In" field, the small bet (=big blind) in the "Small" field, and the large bet in the "Big" field. I then created a custom console with labels that would appear over each number in the "Bets" component to show what it was.

For the stud games: In the Betting Schedule, I put the ante in the "Ante" field, the bring-in in the "Bring-In" field, the completion/small bet in the "Small" field, and the large bet in the "Big" field. I created a second custom console that would label the numbers in the "Bets" component appropriately.

On the Betting Schedule, I put the name of each game in the "Game" field on the Betting Schedule, then put a "Game" component into both consoles in very large text so everyone could see what the current game was. I then assigned the two custom consoles appropriately to the games at each level.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: