drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Ranking Method

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macker
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Best Ranking Method Reply with quote

Hello,

I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the best ranking method for this situation. We play once a week 3 tourney's in a night

We buy in for $100. Based on 10 guys we want to put $200 aside per tourney ($600/week) and then run a ranking system. Then at the end of each month top 2 would split $2400 ($1600 for 1st and $800 for second). I was think the percentile average would work. We don't want someone to be penalized for missing one week but there has to be some sort of minimum tournaments played in order to be considered for the monthly.

Thoughts? Welcomed and appreciated.

Macker
flybryfly
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: www.pacesedge.com/poker Reply with quote

I have been using Dr. Neau's Tournament Manager for over two years now. I have been happy with it and cannot wait for the next version...hope it is Mac-friendly.

To see the ranking method I use for over 100 players in a 10-event "season," visit www.pacesedge.com/poker

I use the rankings to determine chip stacks at the end of the year. The "better" players should have some form of "home-field" advantage was my thought. Gives people incentive to return to the table each Circuit Event as well.

Yes, it does favor people that play everytime, but hey...if Tiger Woods takes a year off...doesn't his ranking go down? I say reward the player that plays each time. That is better than not showing up.

Penny for your thoughts,
-pACE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: