drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Award points for bounty, not $$$

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grue
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Award points for bounty, not $$$ Reply with quote

Hello! I award points for the league based on finish, knockouts, and knocking out the winner of the previous month. I give 5 points for busting the previous winner. The way i do it now is to go to the player list for the current month's tourney and put $5 in the bounty column of the winner. Then, in my league equation i reward the bounty (+ Player Bounty). But, i think this takes out of the prize pool and actually awards the player $5 too.

Can I just have the reward for knocking out the winner be 5 points and no $$? If so, how?

Thanks!
Tom
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Award points for bounty, not $$$ Reply with quote

grue wrote:
Hello! I award points for the league based on finish, knockouts, and knocking out the winner of the previous month. I give 5 points for busting the previous winner. The way i do it now is to go to the player list for the current month's tourney and put $5 in the bounty column of the winner. Then, in my league equation i reward the bounty (+ Player Bounty). But, i think this takes out of the prize pool and actually awards the player $5 too.

Can I just have the reward for knocking out the winner be 5 points and no $$? If so, how?

Thanks!
Tom

Currently, there's no way to do what you want.

Now, it might sound like I'm only saying this because the product doesn't support it, but here goes...

I'd reconsider your desire to award extra league points to someone who knocks out a particular person. My opinion is that league points should be equally available to all. Putting a "point bounty" on a particular person isn't really fair. First, that person can't get the points (unless they win, I assume). Second, the players who start at the table with that person have a huge advantage...and many players might not even get a shot at it, either because the target has been eliminated or they've been eliminated.

Just my thoughts.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
grue
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. That sounds reasonable. I guess I just wanted something else to award league points for and add another point of interest to the game. I suppose it isn't really necessary to do such a thing. The person who wins is typically the one who knocks the most people out anyway (and thus the most likely one to get the bounty).
JManHH
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grue wrote:
The person who wins is typically the one who knocks the most people out anyway.

Well, this isn't true. The tournament winner really is only REQUIRED to knock out one other person (the 2nd place finisher).
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JManHH wrote:
grue wrote:
The person who wins is typically the one who knocks the most people out anyway.

Well, this isn't true. The tournament winner really is only REQUIRED to knock out one other person (the 2nd place finisher).

Well, he didn't say always...but I can offer my data

9/24/06: Winner knocked out 8 (most by far)
11/19/06: Winner knocked out 6 (most)
1/7/06: Winner knocked out 6 (most)
2/11/06: Winner knocked out 5 (most)
3/18/06: Winner knocked out 3 (3rd most)
4/8/06: Winner knocked out 6 (most)
8/5/2006: Winner knocked out 5 (most)
9/9/2006: Winner knocked out 4 (3rd most)
10/7/2006: Winner knocked out 3 (3rd most)
11/4/2006: Winner knocked out 6 (2nd most)
12/2/2006: Winner knocked out 5 (most)
1/6/2007: Winner knocked out 3.5 (2nd most)
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
grue
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are mine:

Feb (15 players): 3 (tied most)
Mar(14 players): 6 (most)
Apr(14 players): 8 (most)
May(23 players): 1! (2nd place had the most knockouts)
June(15 players): 9 (most)
July(13 players): 6 (most)
Aug(14 players): 4 (most)
Sept(13 players): 4 (tied most)
Oct(17 players): 5 (most)
(don't have nov results handy)
Dec(13 players): 3 (tied most)
Jan07(17 players): 7 (most)

so, at least in my tourneys, the winner usually has the most Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: