drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**1/18 Need a little help** Will this work

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranman
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: **1/18 Need a little help** Will this work Reply with quote

Remember, I'm no math expert or a programer but I'm getting ready to start a new league season and made some slight changes to my point system and need to change my ranking method.

Buy-in $15 (changed from $10) except for 3 games that are double money and points. I have the method from last season to calculate the points and am fine with it but this season I also want to add 1 point per elimination (Bounties).

So, Buy-in = 2 points - Double night = 4 points
1 point for each player you finish above, x2 for Double night
Bonus points - 5 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd x 2 for Double Night
1 point for each elimination (Bounty), winner gets own bounty and point x 2 for Double night.

I got this formula after playing around in the editor. Does it look correct? I'll test later but thought I'd get some feedback ahead of time.

Thanks

Ranman

score = ((a/15.0)*((b+0.0) + if ((c == 1.0)) then (((d + 7.0) - c)) else if ((c == 2.0)) then (((d + 5.0) - c)) else if ((c == 3.0)) then (((d + 3.0) - c)) else (((d + 2.0) - c))))

a = Player But-in Expense
b = Player Knockout Count
c = Player Finish
d = Tournament Buy-in Count

Last edited by Ranman on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance it looks OK, although you could eliminate adding zero to the knockout count Very Happy

Also, if you are going to give the winner a point for his own bounty shouldn't you add that to his bonus calculation... making it ( d + 8 ) instead of (d + 7)?
Ranman
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
At first glance it looks OK, although you could eliminate adding zero to the knockout count Very Happy

Also, if you are going to give the winner a point for his own bounty shouldn't you add that to his bonus calculation... making it ( d + 8 ) instead of (d + 7)?

Thanks for the input Dix. I apreciate it.

I have been playing with this on and off now for a bit and have a couple "snags".

1. I'm unsure how to eliminate the "adding zero" to the knockout. When I put the component in my formula it has this "branch" and since I couldn't figure how to get rid of it I made it zero as a workaround since the result would be correct anyway.

2. I get my formula in TM, tested it and it works, hit apply then exit the program. When I go back into TM it starts with the message "My new Formula" not found using default.

In other words it doesn't save it. What am I doing wrong?

Ranman
Addicted
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just import the method you previously saved.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: