drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn_N_Burn Rounders - Texas Hold'em League Scoring

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turn_N_Burn
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Turn_N_Burn Rounders - Texas Hold'em League Scoring Reply with quote

1 point for each place. If you have a 20 person tournament and you finish first you get 20 points, or if you finish last you get 1 point.

1 point bounty for every player you eliminate

2 point bounty if the person is a previous tournament winner

3 point bounty if the person is currently in first place in the league

-1 point for every re-buy

This is how we score our league. We are currently in our third full season and each year the scoring has matured.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Turn_N_Burn
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Some added details of our league Reply with quote

Above I mention the tournament scoring, but I thought I would elaborate on the details of the league.

Our league consists of 20 members whom all have to pay dues (this covers operating costs and league polo shirts).

A league season is comprised of 6 monthly tournaments and an end of the season champioinship.

The tournaments have $25.00 buy-ins with unlimited $25.00 rebuys for the first three blind levels. The buy-ins fund the prize pool for the individual tournament, and the re-buys go into a prize pool for the championship.

The championship! Each tournament you earn points as desribed above, each point earns you 100 chips for the championship. There are no buy-ins for the championship, the only chips you recieve are the chips you have earned through the course of the season. So whether you have 1200 chips or 8900 chips thats what you get to play with. This gives the individuals who have earned it the best chance to win the cash. Its not a ton of money but the Season Champ usually takes home over $600, 2nd place about $300, and third about $100.

Its been a fun league and if you would like to learn more visit our website at www.turnnburnrounders.com. Under league documents you will find our league charter and tournament rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a really fun league. If it wasn't a 25 hour drive from my house to yours, I might ask to join!

I like the idea of earning your starting chips for the TOC too. Very cool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: