drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio alerts in v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Audio alerts in v3 Reply with quote

Just finished this part up.

I'm happy to say that in v3, you'll be able to select MULTIPLE audios for each alert and have the app pick one randomly whenever the alert fires.

Whee!

By the way, I found a great elimination sound online and I'll put it on the website soon. It's Paul Harvey saying, "Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains..."
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to use that sound bite on my radio show back in the day... No one knew who it was, except those that listen to radio... But everyone thought it was hysterical!

Max
Yeah - I was on the Radio... Deal.
ryetrain
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dr.

One huge thing that would really help would be an ability to play a sound at the completion of a blind level. You have a sound that plays when the next Blind Level starts but that only helps if there is no pause between levels...we pause at the end of every level to make sure everyone knows the new level is starting but sometimes I miss the end of a level because I am involved in a hand and an audio cue would be a great help.

Maybe I am the only one that pauses everything at the end of each level so maybe this is not universal enough to install but I thought I would ask.

Jim
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryetrain wrote:
Hey Dr.

One huge thing that would really help would be an ability to play a sound at the completion of a blind level. You have a sound that plays when the next Blind Level starts but that only helps if there is no pause between levels...we pause at the end of every level to make sure everyone knows the new level is starting but sometimes I miss the end of a level because I am involved in a hand and an audio cue would be a great help.

Maybe I am the only one that pauses everything at the end of each level so maybe this is not universal enough to install but I thought I would ask.

Jim

In v3, you'll be able to create alerts for "X seconds before the end of the blind level". You can just create one for 1 second before the end.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: