drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which player to move?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catch22
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Which player to move? Reply with quote

How do you guys select which player to move when the tables need to be balanced?

I don't want to use the random feature because I don't to hit someone with the big blind twice in a row.

So who do you move? Next to get the big blind? I think I have heard one off the button. Does that mean the cutoff seat?

Thanks!!
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most standard tourney move the person in front of the button. however, I found manual moves to be a pain in the a ss as the tourney got a little bigger. it was too distracting for me to figure out each time while playing. so i make an announcement at the beginning of the tourney that all moves are random, and if you don't like it, suck it up or find another game. It rarely penalizes anyone excessively. we have some bitchers and moaners, but i just ridicule them in front of their friends and they pipe down.
jalsing
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to move the person expecting the Big Blind. At worst, they will arrive at the new table in the big blind. At best, the will gain position. Works for everyone.
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops!. that's what i meant. it's standard to move the person in front of the BB, not the button. Brick wall
Chlos
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that moving the BB is a safe play, therefore no one is penalized, if anything the person moved is rewarded. I typically try to move seat for seat counting from the button forward. Reason being no one position changes. i.e. If tables are uneven in number, if you count 4 seats forward he is BB in 2 hands therefore he will be moved to play 2 hands before he is the BB. I have done both and either works well with less than 25 people depending on your crowds preference. They tend to lose their equality with 30 plus. Someone always has something to complain about(every game has a couple) "He hasn't posted a BB in an hour","Don't take money off the table"and 100 other clich'eic quotes. For me seat for seat is the only way to run large tourney and be consistant across the board. Hope this helps

Thanks

L.T.
Rips
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Which player to move? Reply with quote

Catch22 wrote:
How do you guys select which player to move when the tables need to be balanced?

I don't want to use the random feature because I don't to hit someone with the big blind twice in a row.

So who do you move? Next to get the big blind? I think I have heard one off the button. Does that mean the cutoff seat?

Thanks!!

If there's a hand on the othe table in play, the next BB has to move to the table with less players nearest position to the BB in further hands.

For example, table A has 10 players, button on position 1, SB 2 and BB 3. table A has a hand in play, so the player on seat 4 will be moved after he's getting inactive during the hand in play.

Table B has 8 players, button is on position 1, SB 2 and BB 3. Open seats are positions 5 and 9. The moved player has to take his seat on position 5, the nearest position to the next BB.

Additional example: Should the player at position 4 on table B be busted, the moved player would take that seat as a single BB (no SB).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Home Poker Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: