drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreaming of v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Dreaming of v5 Reply with quote

Starting to think about v5...

The big things I want to tackle:

Cash game support - I'm having more cash games and want to have a "league" of cash games that'll let me track progress over time for everyone. This would also let you include a cash game in your league of tournaments.

Warning tracking

Payout chop options/calculations

Ability to reset a tournament
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
MarcoB
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else we do is we start of with a tournament, and when people are eliminated, they will start playing a cash game.

It would be really cool, if we can keep track of both at the same time.

Might also be usefull for others to have an option to run multiple tourneys at once (overlapping).

Just some thoughts Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MarcoB
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some kind of app for iPhones/iPads/Androids so you can control the rebuys etc from your device.

And what would be really cool is if we could stream the screen directly to Apple TV's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, running multiple tournaments from within one app would be a nice thing to be able to do.

I've thought about that in the past but been worried about how much re-coding it will take. There is a LOT of code in the app that assume that there is at most ONE active tournament, ONE active league, etc.
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought apple didn't support this software. did anything change?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOS does not support Java.

However, it would be feasible for me to add a feature to DrNTM so that you could point a browser on a iPad at a URL and be able to do certain functions from that (kinda like a remote client without the console capability).
pathand
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good plan. now get to work on it! Wink
MarcoB
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the multiple tournaments at the same time, could we run multiple instances of the software from one machine with different repositories?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoB wrote:
About the multiple tournaments at the same time, could we run multiple instances of the software from one machine with different repositories?

Not the most elegant solution, but yes you can do that.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright.

After noodling, I'm now thinking that v5 will allow:
- Running multiple games/tournaments at once
- Allowing a tournament/game to be in multiple leagues
MarcoB
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!!
Commish
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind if I add a few wish list items to the new version? Some of these might already be in the current version and I just haven't figured out yet how to get them to do what I want. So if they are already available, my apologies.

1. Ability to select which data to include in league export. Currently, it only shows a few fixed things, and I'd like to be able to pick and choose which items to include in the report (player rank, name, league points, total knockouts, total earnings, net earnings).
2. When you load an active league, it should load and apply the correct consoles. Maybe it already does and I don't know how to set that option, but I had to manually change the consoles at the last tournament and I didn't realize it until we were already playing. Not a big deal, it was easy to change, I just forgot about activating the right console theme before the tournament. On the League Main page, maybe there could be options to choose a default betting schedule, chip case, payout schedule, console theme, etc., so all tournaments created within the league would receive all the components of the league. That would be cool.
3. I saw the change log and this is already in the backlog, but I love the ability to show the winner as a component on the console. I would love to be able to add that to the post-tournament console, and I think the winner would enjoy seeing their name in lights...
4. Can we add a content option to the Payouts/Results component? I'd like the marquee to show the points the player received for their performance.
5. A very minor thing, but can we add a $ in front of the dollar related fields? Right now it just shows a revenue of 420.00, but would be nice if that showed in dollars. Again, not a huge deal, but would be nice.
6. Our league only uses whole numbers. Can we choose how many decimal places to show on the tournament report?

FYI, a little kudos for the Doc, every time a new player comes in and sees DrNTM projected on the wall, they are blown away Shocked at how it manages the tournament, the league and just the professionalism it brings to our tournaments. Everyone loves it. Your software makes me look like a kick ass tournament director! Very Happy

Thanks Jeff.
-Kurt
Commish
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea for v5 if it happens...

Would love to have the ability for the database to show stats for each player. So if I were to open the player entry in the database, I'd be able to see how many and which tournaments they've played in, how many points and knockouts they have, their cash flow, etc. Basically a listing of their performance throughout the season. Sort of like what is already available per tournament, but on an individual level.

Players have asked me how another player did the last time they played a few months ago, or how many knockouts they have and I honestly can't tell them unless I open up each tournament and manually add everything up.

It's not a huge deal, but if you could put that on the wish list, that would be great.

Thanks Jeff.
Edmundo
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commiesh wrote:
Players have asked me how another player did the last time they played a few months ago, or how many knockouts they have and I honestly can't tell them unless I open up each tournament and manually add everything up.

It's not a huge deal, but if you could put that on the wish list, that would be great.

Thanks Jeff.

Will there ever be a new version release or an update?

Last edited by Edmundo on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 am; edited 6 times in total
SokSareth
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about that in the past but been worried about how much re-coding it will take. There is a LOT of code in the app that assume that there is at most ONE active tournament, ONE active league, etc.

goldenslot

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this.
rubyatiy
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmundo wrote:
Commiesh wrote:
Players have asked me how another player did the last time they played a few months ago, or how many knockouts they have and I honestly can't tell them unless I open up about progentra here on each tournament and manually add everything up.

Thanks Jeff.

All of these are simulates by that knockout things which are not easily be discover able
Geordon
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commish wrote:
Another idea for v5 if it happens...

Would love to have the ability for the database to show stats for each player. So if I were to shark tank weight loss sarms for sale how to get skinny crazy bulk open the player entry in the database, I'd be able to see how many and which tournaments they've played in, how many points and knockouts they have, i open up v tight gel their cash flow, etc. Basically a listing of their performance throughout the season. Sort of like what is already available per tournament, but on an individual level.

Players have asked me https://signalscv.com/2021/09/how-to-lose-weight-fast-guide-how-to-get-skinny-fast-how-to-cut-weight/ how to get skinny fast how to lose weight how to get skinny how can i lose weight fast how to lose weight fast for boys shark tank weight loss testogen gnc https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/10/05/sarms-for-sale-where-to-buy-sarms-online-review-guide/ sarms sarms 4 you buy sarms for sale sarms for sale where to buy sarms buy sarms online sarms online buy sarms https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/09/20/crazy-bulk-review-legal-steroids-for-sale-how-it-works-legal-steroids-gnc/ steroids for sale legal steroids crazy bulk crazy bulk reviews legal steroids for sale zantrex black reviews modere trim reviews how another player did the last time they played a few months ago, or how many knockouts they have and I honestly can't tell them unless I open up each tournament and manually add everything up.

Thanks Jeff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: