drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harrington on Hold 'Em, Vol 1 & 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Harrington on Hold 'Em, Vol 1 & 2 Reply with quote

"Action" Dan Harrington, he of the vintage BoSox cap and two consecutive WSOP Main Event final tables in 2003 & 2004, as well as a World Championship in 1995, wrote this - it is the best NL Tournament book ever. Seriously.

Volume 1 deals with early play, when the blinds are relatively low. Volume 2 caters to End Game strategy.

Volume 3, not out yet, will be hand examples to cement the principles of the first two.
JBWilkins
"Twos full of Threes"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it is the best NL Tournament book ever."

I second that comment....and amy looking forward to the 3rd volume....got to met Dan at the WSOP this year and he mentioned the 3rd volume.....should be out for Christmas.....
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Corrections to HOH Volume 1 Reply with quote

Thought I should add the following link to a list of errata in Volume 1. This was posted at twoplustwo.com, the publishers' website. Most are semantic, but a few are more substantive (bet sizes, pot sizes, etc.)

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=2710481&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=#Post2710481
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by far the two best books on tournament poker ever written. if you read them, you will play better, even if you remember nothing he says. you will just think more clearly about the game.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very timely bump, the errata list for Vol 2 was posted this week. You can see it at:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3870851&an=0&page=0#Post3870851
diboraha
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does the average online texas holdem tournament take? I've only been playing online for a short time and haven't had a chance to enter a tournament yet (I play on Party Poker if that information is needed to answer the question). Thanks in advance.
boodumy
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to I host a casual texas hold 'em style poker night? I'm having about 8 friends over tonight to play hold 'em...We're all novice poker players. How do I host a poker game, should I use chips, cash, do I need to have a buy in, should there be a limit, who is the dealer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: