drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Licensing questions Reply with quote

I have not used the software since the new version came out but I used V2 extensivelly.

I read through a lot of stuff on the site but still have some questions about info I probably missed...

1) The software seems to register to a specific computer. But you are using repository that can sit on a USB thumb drive. How would I go about registering the software for our server but do the designing of blinds schedules, interfaces, etc on an other computer?

2) If I purchase the 50 player license for a year (good idea there, the 3 month thing is what made me stop using your software), what happens if after a few months I need to upgrade to the 250 players license?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Licensing questions Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:
I have not used the software since the new version came out but I used V2 extensivelly.

I read through a lot of stuff on the site but still have some questions about info I probably missed...

1) The software seems to register to a specific computer. But you are using repository that can sit on a USB thumb drive. How would I go about registering the software for our server but do the designing of blinds schedules, interfaces, etc on an other computer?

2) If I purchase the 50 player license for a year (good idea there, the 3 month thing is what made me stop using your software), what happens if after a few months I need to upgrade to the 250 players license?

1: I'd give you a license for each computer.
2: We'd figure out the pro-rated difference and do it fair.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sounds good.

I already did about 1/3 of the work. Once I am done configuring the consoles I will run a test tourney to make sure everything works well and will register it. So far I have been doing the work on my lap-top, so that means I won't be able to use my desktop once it is configured to modify it, right?

What will I need to register the software? I need to install on both and take note of the code once installed?

I have no real way of editing on the server itself, the setup makes it too difficult (TV on a wall and computer in a separate room). So I will need to decide in advance if I want to do the configs using my laptop or desktop?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: