drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiered Finals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleet
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Tiered Finals Reply with quote

Hi guys. New to this software... in fact, don't even have my license yet, but I have an experienced user who is helping me out.

Anyway, in our league this year, we are going to try using two final games, an "A" side final and a "B" side final, as a way to keep members who may fall behind early interested. In each game, we will put $7 aside for the A side and $3 for the B side. This will make the A side worth fighting while making the B side juicy enough to keep players coming (and thus, building the final pots and not having players miss playing with their favorite poker group because they feel the rake for the final game is a gift they are unwilling to donate).

My plan was to assign $10 as a league withholding fee and just split this amount 70/30 at a later time. I don't see it as possible to track two separate prize pools as is. Am I wrong? I figure the best way to do it as is is assign a 30% expense to the league and then in the B side final, apply that as money added.

In our case, both finals will be played at the same time (as a means of getting everyone together) so we'd only be able to track the A side anyway (though both would share the timer and blind schedule). The plan was to track b side knock outs manually, then set up a mock tournament to recreate to get the stats in after.

- Justin
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you have everything right up to the point of the 30% expense. There's no need to do that.

Our league has 10 tournaments. 10% is raked from each for the league championship.

Of that:
- 50% goes to the winner of the championship table.
- 25% goes to the runner up of the championship table.
- 15% goes to the winner of the consolation tournament.
- 10% goes to the regular season points winner.

When I run the championship, I just calculate what 75% of the league pool is and use that for the championship pool.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
fleet
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. I will await my key and play around with the League section once I am able.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: