drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League player attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: League player attributes Reply with quote

http://drneau.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=1339

Which reminds me...what attributes do you need to track about a person associated with a league.

This topic should only be about attributes unique to someone within a league...like "league score", "membership expiration", etc.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our league, there isn't that much info we need to track.

My database has the following info in the member's profile:

First name
Last name
Nickname
Phone number (I use this for validation of the ID)
Email address
Expiry date
Note (Useful if you ban someone or if you need to keep a special note about that player. For example if you suspect that person of cheating or something)

The really important aspect is the ability to generate league score cards.
For instance for the current season we have 5 championships running at the same time. My database needs to be able to generate a score card for each of them.

Right now we have one championship for each day of the week there is a tournament (Tuesdays, Wed, Thur, Fri) and we have the overall championship.

The amount of point each player gets can probably be duplicated with the current system in TM. I did not look that closelly at it but I remember it was really flexible. Basically we give 1 point per position, we double the points for the final table. The runner up gets 2.5 times the points and the winner gets 3 times the points.

Each league has it's own way, it's important that the database can accomodate that.

Oh, what about to forget :
It it important to have the ability to be able to enter the results easilly after a tournament. For exemple, not track players during the tourney using TM and have a simple interface that allows you to just plug in the member numbers for eliminations.

We use a simple grid that we enter all the member numbers by order of elimination starting with the first one out and ending with the winner. In the same interface we tell our database the date of the tournament and the total number of players. From there our database calculates the scores of each player. We use a simple elimination log during the tournament. People simply write down their membership number in the first available box when they get eliminated. Simple and works well.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:
For our league, there isn't that much info we need to track.

My database has the following info in the member's profile:

First name
Last name
Nickname
Phone number (I use this for validation of the ID)
Email address
Expiry date
Note (Useful if you ban someone or if you need to keep a special note about that player. For example if you suspect that person of cheating or something)

The really important aspect is the ability to generate league score cards.
For instance for the current season we have 5 championships running at the same time. My database needs to be able to generate a score card for each of them.

Right now we have one championship for each day of the week there is a tournament (Tuesdays, Wed, Thur, Fri) and we have the overall championship.

The amount of point each player gets can probably be duplicated with the current system in TM. I did not look that closelly at it but I remember it was really flexible. Basically we give 1 point per position, we double the points for the final table. The runner up gets 2.5 times the points and the winner gets 3 times the points.

Each league has it's own way, it's important that the database can accomodate that.

Oh, what about to forget :
It it important to have the ability to be able to enter the results easilly after a tournament. For exemple, not track players during the tourney using TM and have a simple interface that allows you to just plug in the member numbers for eliminations.

We use a simple grid that we enter all the member numbers by order of elimination starting with the first one out and ending with the winner. In the same interface we tell our database the date of the tournament and the total number of players. From there our database calculates the scores of each player. We use a simple elimination log during the tournament. People simply write down their membership number in the first available box when they get eliminated. Simple and works well.

I'm confused.

Are you saying that you technically have 5 leagues going on, and each tournament is a part of 2 different leagues?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
rumackay
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
I'm confused.

Are you saying that you technically have 5 leagues going on, and each tournament is a part of 2 different leagues?

That's how I read it.

It looks more and more likely that I'll be taking over the local pub poker circuit early next year so I'm hoping that TM can handle a tournament belonging to more than one league.

A league for each of the venue's and a league for the overall region with every tournament belonging to both it's venue's league as well as the region's league.

My initial playing with the app seem to suggest that a tournament can currently belong to only one league.
rossjulie
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a game but the rules were totally different from what we play locally.I think there are different explanation of Poker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: