drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUGS/FEATURES: multiple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: BUGS/FEATURES: multiple Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Used v3 last nigh. generally works well. graphic look extremely sharp. functionality was very good. a couple of things did come up and want to report them here.

average stack module did not calculate correctly. it reported something like an 80k average when that was 2/3 of what was in play.

alert volumes are quite low. even with computer volume turned all the way up, alerts--both core an user--played back at low volume. these were the same user sounds that play back much louder in v2.

correcting mistakes in the history is quite clumsy. i made what is the most common error--incorrectly busting someone out-- and had to erase it. it was very complex. had to delete events from history, then from knockout pane, then reactivate players from player pane, then reseat players from seating pane. it was, in a word, a pain. v2 used to more or less restore the state of the tourney when everts were deleted (although you did have to reseat players) any way to simplify all this?

while we all loved the idea of avatars popping up associated with actions, it looked sort of dorky when the avatar blank appeared in lieu of a photo. can the program be set to show avatars only when one is assigned?

in the elimination window, any chance of restoring drag-and-drop functionality, like v2? the arrows make for a lot of clicking.

it would be great to be able to set a default sort order for player action windows. every time i had to buy in or eliminate a player, i had to select the first name column to resort in order to find them. also, i received quite a few java exceptions when i tried to sort by status.

I don't know whether this is TM related or not, but I was running iTunes on the same Mac during the tourney and at one point, it began to start and stop the music randomly. then it wouldn't play at all. this problem seemed to disappear after i quit and restarted TM. could there be some conflict here?

Not able to adjust relative size of internal panes in some dialog boxes. in v2, we used to be able to show, for instance, how much of the dialog box the player DB would take up vs. the tourney player list. now they seem fixed. it would be great if we could have that functionality, which is fairly standard on mac stuff.

We missed the ability to see at the same time all players seated at all tables. the old drag and drop functionality made configuring tables much easier than current. last night, i had to individually unseat and reseat players, clicking back and forth from table to table to do so.

again, great work. it was surprisingly intuitive and easy to use, and extremely stable.

.bear
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo bear,

WRT the player's without images–I'd been thinking about that myself and decided to use a default image file where I don't have pics of the particular players.

This comes to mind as suitable:

but whatever floats your boat, obv.
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent. i'm stealing it. can you apply an image to more than one player simultaneously? Might be nice....

I was thinking, and this is probably beyond the purview of the TM, but if I wanted to use this for a big tourney, i would want to be able to hook a camera right into the TM (or use the built in webcam) to photograph players and assign them the avatar when they bought in.

just a thought.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you're killing me with the multiple issues per thread. Makes it really hard to manage the issues going forward.

In the future, please please please, one per thread.

Average stack: I've never had a problem, so I'll need a reproduceable test case.

Volumes: Veto. Exactly same mechanism as v3, and if you try them side by side with the exact same audios you shouldn't notice a difference.

Un-elimination. If I'm not mistaken, you actually can't remove the event from history. History in v3 is just informational anyway. What you do need to do:
- Move the player back in status
- Remove the knockout from the knockout log
- Reseat

Avatars only when one is assigned: It looked dorky before I had the "no photo" there also.

Drag and drop in elimination: I'll check into it

Exception when sorting by status in chip purchase dialog: I'll check into it

Sorting in chip purchase dialog: I'll check into it

Conflict with iTunes: No idea

Relative size of panes: That's available when I use a JSplitPane, but isn't ideal in all situations. You tell me where it would be nice and I'll check into it.

Ability to see all players seated at all tables: Use the console overlay.

Old drag and drop seating: You can do that in v3, if I'm not mistaken...
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for ganging up the post. just wanted to dumb everything from my mind at once.

as to last two items--seeing all seated players and moving them around-- the task at hand is getting tables right. at the beginning of a tourney, we often have a few people who are late. since we seat randomly, before the tourney start, i like to balance the tables vis a vis the number of empty seats being blinded off. sure, i can see where people are sitting in the overlay, but i have to use the seating panel to see whose active and whose not. the ability to see the whole floor and quickly and easily shift players around would be the ideal result.

as to pane size, to my mind it is almost always desirable when it can be provided. maximum flexibility to adjust screen layout for various tasks allows us to maximize or minimize the info we want when we want it.

next time: 1 issue per thread.

rock on, rock doc.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added all to work list.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used v3 for real on Saturday night, and also found the alerts low. I'll be running v2 with the same sound files to see if there's a difference, or if it is just the sound files themselves.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried them both side by side with several different sounds. Exactly the same volume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: