drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement: Chip Consol Component shouldn't show decimal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Enhancement: Chip Consol Component shouldn't show decimal Reply with quote

Also, whereas in v2 it used to say "Remove Red or Lower", now it just drops the Chip value onto the console. So I was using Prefix & Suffix to form the message, but it shows those on the console even when there's no consolidation called for by the betting schedule.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's discuss this one, since there a couple ways to go here.

First, facts.

Fact: The component on the console works just like it did in v2. It'll display whatever's in that field on the betting schedule. So, if you want it to say, "Remove Red or Lower", you can still put that into that field on the betting schedule.

Fact: At this moment, chips in the chip case don't have names. I removed them when I began developing v3 because I felt they were redundant.

Fact: Since the names of the chips aren't available, the chip consolidation calculator is dropping the chip values into that field on the betting schedule

Fact: There are more columns on the betting schedule than their used to be, so if you had "Remove Blue and Below", it would be harder to read.

I understand the issue with the prefix and suffix, so, there's a couple ways to go here...

I could (and these are not mutually exclusive):
- Add the chip name fields back in and make it work like it did before
- Alter the chip consolidation calculator to remove the fractions from the chip value, if the chip is a whole number, before populating the field
- Make the chip consolidation console component more intelligent to only show display text if there is a value in that field of the betting schedule active segment (So you don't get "Remove and below" if you are using prefix and suffix and there's no value)

Remember that you can always type whatever you want until I release a better solution.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after thinking in the shower, here's what I'm thinking...let me know what you think so I can think about it more.

When you hit the "chip consolidation calculator" button, a little dialog will pop up. In that dialog you'll have the following options:

Option 1: Chip value format (decimals or not)
Option 2: Prefix/suffix (you can specify the text that will appear in chip consolidations, rather than me choosing for you. Note that this is separate from the console component.
Option 3: Segments in which to place consolidation information. Alternatives will be:
- All (that's the way it works now)
- Breaks only
- Changes only (only put the note on the first level where each chip is removed)

Your settings will be cached in the application preferences so that they are the defaults each time you do a consolidation.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

For now, obviously, the thing for me to do is set the message in the Betting Sched. and not use the Pre- & Suf-.

I'd forgotten that that's where the text pulled from, and had gone looking in the chip case.

As for changes to the app., I think that IF you leave in the ability to have Pre/Suffixes on that component, then you have to code the TM to handle them intelligently. And that includes intelligent handling of whole numbers vs fractions (beware of copy/paste though!).

I don't have a problem using the Betting Schedule 'Remove' message. Though as you say having long-ish text strings in there does clutter up an already full screen, I'm not stressed too much about cosmetics behind the curtain. Others MMV, of course.
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was writing my post when your second one came in.

I think those are some very nice options - I especially like choosing the segments to which the Consol message should attach.

My method has been to put the component only on break consoles, but this is more flexible (and presumably we could retain the ability to manually delete the message from particular segments?).

If you are going to allow format setting, please allow for currency symbol.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was released on 1/16.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Consoles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: