drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why isn't my chip case setting in v3b4.2 persisting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Why isn't my chip case setting in v3b4.2 persisting? Reply with quote

Everytime I go in to my Betting Schedule, it is blank. I set it, and if I exit the Schedule (pressing 'Apply') it is blank the next time I enter the Schedule.

Also, what for is the 'Total Value of chips in play' field? What should it be Set to?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could make that more clear.

It's not meant to persist. Those two fields are used by the betting schedule wizard and the chip consolidation calculator to make recommedations based on a chipset of your choosing.

If you're in the betting schedule library, you can select a chip case and "total chips in play" value that should be used for calculations. If you're in a tournament, those values are set for you and you can't change them.

Now, I say it's not meant to persist for two reasons:
- That would make the betting schedule depend on a chip case. I didn't want a component to depend on another component unless necessary (like a tournament depends on a console theme)
- I actually don't see why you'd *want* it to persist. My thought was that you'd only associate the chip case for the purposes of creating the betting schedule in the first place and then you wouldn't need to have it set until you made another betting schedule.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I get it.

I have to say that I'm finding the actual setting up of v3 somewhat challenging - I think the learning curve is a lot steeper than v2. It's more complex, and no doubt this allows some of the additional functionality, but it also makes things more obscure, at least for me.
MissileMan
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rastapete wrote:
I have to say that I'm finding the actual setting up of v3 somewhat challenging...

Don't worry... you're not alone!!
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rastapete wrote:
Ok I think I get it.

I have to say that I'm finding the actual setting up of v3 somewhat challenging - I think the learning curve is a lot steeper than v2. It's more complex, and no doubt this allows some of the additional functionality, but it also makes things more obscure, at least for me.

Well, you tell me what seems challenging and I'll do what I can to make it less challenging.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Betting Schedules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: