drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading MyConsoles.dnrc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalsing
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Loading MyConsoles.dnrc Reply with quote

So I customized a few consoles and exported them calling them 'MyConsoles.dnrc' as documented. Now when I load TM, I'm asked for a password to load custom consoles, I input, all is good. Custom consoles appear...

So now I make a few more consoles, add an image, and save the whole shebang again as 'MyConsoles.dnrc'

Now when I load TM, enter password, Custom consoles appear...sort of...

Only the 'Original' custom consoles appear. The ones I created and re-saved as 'MyConsoles.dnrc' aren't there.

If I manually 'Import Consoles' and select MyConsoles.dnrc, the re-appear, however it appears to re-load the the first set and append the name with a ' mark. IE:

default pretourney console (core)
default break console (core)
default play console (core)
default post tourney console (core)
Copy 1 of default play console
Jasons Console
Copy 1 of default play console'
Jasons Console'

If I load MyConsoles again, I get the above plus i.e.:

Copy 1 of default play console''
Jasons Console''

If I look at the original Jasons Console for example, it doesn't show my recent changes. Jasons Console' does however show the changes. All of them also have the 'needs save' check box selected. The only save method I see is the export consoles which of course I've done.

Am I doing something wrong here? Advice welcome...
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little info and a stupid question.

When you re-edited them and resaved them, did you make sure to save them over the top of the one that gets automatically imported...or did you save to the default directory that comes up when you do a "save"? They aren't necessarily the same directory. Double check that.

Then...when you import, it (purposely) does not overwrite the existing consoles...this is to keep you from shooting yourself in the foot. If it finds one with an identical name, it will slightly change the name of the one being imported.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
jalsing
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm a dumbass. MyConsoles is loaded from the home directory, but the default save location is home/myDocuments. This is kind of counter-intuitive, especially since navigating upward from my documents takes you to the desktop, then one has to re-drill down through C,Programs and settings, home just to re-save.

Anyways, I got it fixed, thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: