drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing/Exporting componants...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Importing/Exporting componants... Reply with quote

Let's say I export a chipcase to a default "componants" .drnd file I'm using $500 as my highest denomination chip... later on down the road my tourney grows in size and I want to add a $1000 chip and export it to my "componants" database...

A. How about if when I try to "append" the .drnd file I get a promt asking if I want to replace the currently archived chipcase of the same name with the one I'm trying to save. If I click "yes" then the old chipcase is replaced with the new one. IF I click "no" then I'm prompted to change the name of the new chipcase before exporting or to export to a different archive.

B. A way to delete archived componants in the XML file from within the app would be nice.

BTW - I found another "import read" bug.... the chipcase name... it's not read on import.

EDIT NOTE: I guess you can ignore the one below, unless you're really bored someday and want to do something with it.... I figured it out.... if you just type in a new name and do nothing else it's not really updated by the app... you need ot hit "enter" or click somewhere else after for the change to take effect. I'm guessing it would be the same for any data entry field.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, sometimes after importing a chipcase, changing something like "expected # of players", renaming the chipcase, then exporting, the new name is not saved. The chipcase "Name" variable is still saved as the old imported name.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The v3 repository takes care of this.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: