drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bounties in v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Bounties in v3 Reply with quote

I think I've settled on the way bounties will be handled in v3.

There will be 4 types of bounties. All bounty types have the following parameters:
- Cost: How much does it cost to be eligible for a reward
- Reward: How much you get for knocking someone out
- Participants: Those who are eligible for the a reward
- Targets: Those whom the bounty is on
- When paid?: On all eliminations, only on first (before rebuys), only on final.
- Note: I've removed the "winner gets own bounty" parameter from v2. In v3, if nobody knocks you out, you get the bounty. (unless someone can convince me otherwise)

Public Global
This is the "public" bounty from v2
Cost: 0
Reward: You specify
Participants: Everyone
Targets: Everyone
When paid?: You specify

Public Targeted
This is "player-specific" bounty from v2
Cost: 0
Reward: You specify
Participants: Everyone
Targets: You specify
When paid: You specify

Private Group
New for v3. Only people buying into the bounty are eligible, and only people buying in are targets.
Cost: You specify
Reward: Calculated
Participants: You specify
Targets: Same as participants

Private Targeted
New for v3. Only people buying into the bounty are eligible. You specify the targets.
Cost: You specify
Reward: Calculated
Participants: You specify
Targets: You specify

The public pools are funded from the tournament prize pool (as in v2).

The two private pools are "net zero" pools. The pools are self-funded by the participants. The reward is calculated based on the number of participants, the number of times the targets are eliminated and the "when paid" option.

For private pools, the following formula calculates the reward:

Code:
Reward = Participants * Cost / (Valid Target Eliminations)

So, let's say you have a $20 private bounty group and 6 members participate. 2 of those members rebuy. You pay bounties on ALL eliminations. The reward = 6 * $20 / 8 = $15

Thoughts?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau

Last edited by drneau on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, let's say you have a $20 private bounty group and 6 members participate. 2 of those members rebuy. You pay bounties on ALL eliminations. The reward = 6 * $20 / 8 = $15

I'm not sure I understand your example, but your explanation sounds very cool. I think this is a terrific feature. There are always guys at my games that wish there was more money in the pool.

Could this feature be adapted to also manage "last longer" bets? all it would have to do is take the same info and run a payout formula based on order of finish, like a tourney within a tourney. Just a thought.

This is great thinking, overall. Big ups, Jeff. hello1
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i8dbear wrote:
Quote:
So, let's say you have a $20 private bounty group and 6 members participate. 5 of those members rebuy. You pay bounties on ALL eliminations. The reward = 6 * $20 / 8 = $15

I'm not sure I understand your example, but your explanation sounds very cool. I think this is a terrific feature. There are always guys at my games that wish there was more money in the pool.

Could this feature be adapted to also manage "last longer" bets? all it would have to do is take the same info and run a payout formula based on order of finish, like a tourney within a tourney. Just a thought.

This is great thinking, overall. Big ups, Jeff. hello1

After I tackle bounties, the next thing is "sidepots". That will include things like last longer bets, bad beats, best hand, etc.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Development and Release News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: