drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some strange stuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Some strange stuff Reply with quote

Ok, I have been using TM for about 2 weeks now, that's 10 tournaments.

There are a few things I find odd (and frustrating) that you guys might provide answers for me to fix:

I do not use the player management feature. I right click and set the number of players, addons, etc manually once the tournament is running.

1. Is there a way to assign hotkeys to set number of players who bought in, number or add-ons and number of remaining players? I use a lap top and it's using the touchpad for setting this is tedious. Would be nice if I could press a button, enter the number and type enter.

2. When I enter the number or add-ons, it sets the remaining number of players to that amount. I don't know why it does that, the fact that 30 people purchase an add-on doesn't mean there are 30 people left in the tournanment, some people don't buy the addon....

3. The manual payout makes a calculation of on the amounts to be paid it it got so frustrating I stopped using it. We had a cumulative jackpot so not all the money goes in the evening's payout. What we do is take 50 cents from each buyin for the season pot. I have entered this in the financial and chip buyin but TM still wants to pay all the money so when I enter the amounts, it adds the difference to the winner... I tried several things to work around this and finally gave up. When you go to manual mode, would be cool if it was manual, not semi-automated. I hope this will be fixed in V3.

4. There is a problem with sounds you import. For some reason it looses them. I add to add a sound time and again I do not know why. It started happening at our 5th tournament. Someone tells me, the computer did not warn us of the level change. I answered there was probalby too much noise when the level changed and people did not hear it. At the following level change I watched the countdown and level change and NO SOUND!!! I checked the cabling, everything was in order. I open the config pannel and check the sound assignement... the sound is no longer listed. I had to re-import it. This happenned a few times now. I check when I launch the software now but it would be nice if it did not drop the sound.
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right an update on those issues...

For the issue with sounds, I added the sound directory in the preferences and it stopped loosing them. Not sure why but when you don't do that TM seems to forget where the sound was... very strange.

For the rest, no improvement. Maybe someone has advices on this?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Some strange stuff Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:
3. The manual payout makes a calculation of on the amounts to be paid it it got so frustrating I stopped using it. We had a cumulative jackpot so not all the money goes in the evening's payout. What we do is take 50 cents from each buyin for the season pot. I have entered this in the financial and chip buyin but TM still wants to pay all the money so when I enter the amounts, it adds the difference to the winner... I tried several things to work around this and finally gave up. When you go to manual mode, would be cool if it was manual, not semi-automated. I hope this will be fixed in V3.

I'd like you to explain this one more and be more specific. I need you to convince me that there's a problem with the app here.

In our league, we take a 10% rake from each buy-in and rebuy for the league championship. Everything works just fine.

If it is adding a difference to the winner, it should be because there's some leftover amount that either wasn't raked or wasn't distributed manually. That's to ensure that their are monies leftover that are unaccounted for, and I think the app works exactly as it should.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: