drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Payout/Finish scrolling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csmith
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Payout/Finish scrolling Reply with quote

Just downloaded the newest release and have only had a few minutes to preview it.

I have to say that the new (and probably neccessary) method of scrolling payments and finishes really takes away from the look of the console. That chunk...chunk...chunk feeling really gets in the way. Sad

Is there a way to show the finish places one name at a time? I think if it just flashed " 10th - Jeff Neau" and then flashed the next place finisher, it would look better than the current "stringed" effect. I think I'll create a console and remove the payouts all together, that chunking back and forth between 1st thru 6th then 6th thru 10th is just not pretty. Rolling Eyes
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....

I'm going to keep the default for the component to be "show as many payouts as possible".

:idea:

The solution is probably some combination of the following:
a) You increase the time between refreshes. I believe it defaults to 2 seconds, but you can set it higher by customizing the component.
b) You make the cell smaller so not as many places are shown at once.
c) I add an option to the component giving you the following choices:
- Show partial place info
- Do not show partial place info
This would mean you wouldn't see the stuff that runs off to the right or the bottom unless you wanted to.
d) I add an option to the components giving you the ability to specify the maximum number of places to display at one time.
e) I add an option to the components giving you the ability to specify how many spots it should skip over for the next refresh.

So, the current setting uses the following options:
- Show partial place info: True
- Max number to display: 0 (no limit)
- # to increment: 1 place
- Delay: 2 seconds

What you want is this:
- Show partial place info: False
- Max number to display: 1
- # to increment: 1
- Delay: X

Sound right? Sound good? Question
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've decided that me picking one scroll type over the other is silly. I'll let you decide.

I'm adding the continually scrolling payouts back in as another component type...then you can decide which one to use.

I'll also modify the new ones to use the mechanism I mentioned in the last post.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: