drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beat/Brag - two sides of the coin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Beat/Brag - two sides of the coin Reply with quote

In my home game last week (0.5/1 NL cash game), I'm sitting with around $60 and pick up AQ in late position. There are a bunch of limpers (as ever) so I raise to like 7xBB and get 2 callers. So pot is $25 or so heading to the flop.

Flop is Q-6-5 rainbow. $4 bet from villain, other villain folds, I raise to $12. He calls.

Turn is Q (Jackpot, baby!!!). He bets, all the chips go in. Villain has Q-6 (WTF!). No Ace on the River to save me.

I get some flak from another player - my wife, who plays much 'smaller' ball than I do, and who in the spirit of the marital relationship, considers it her duty to rip on my play at every opportunity. "Why did you need to lose your whole stack there? Why not just call. Jeez you raised his flop bet and he bet into you on the turn didn't you know he had a big hand?" I mildly point out he plays KQ, QJ, QT, hell, any Q pretty much the same way, plus I know that opponent (my Dad) has a tendency to think that I'm stealing way more often than I actually am, so he could easily put me on AK there. This is confirmed when he confesses that he didn't put me on a Q.

Anyway, I reload, on we go.

Last night, my stack is about $160, I pick up AQ in late position. Couple of limpers, I raise to 5BB, Button calls, BB (big stack at the table, around $220) calls. Pot is about $20 going to the flop.

Flop is Q-7-5 rainbow. BB checks, I bet $16, 2 calls. (WTF?) Pot ~$70.

Turn Q (Deja Vu, baby!!!). I bet $40. Button folds, looking disgusted. BB calls. Pot $150, and I have $80 left.

River 2. Check to me, I push, he calls with QT. I > double up and manage to say nothing to wife.

I love this game.
rumackay
"A Set of Mop Squeezers"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's freaky stuff... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Home Poker Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: