drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Background image for console

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Background image for console Reply with quote

Hello Doc,

I was trying my hand with the console design for the current version (yes I know that the interface will probably be completelly different with the new release)... anyways, I thought I might come up with a cool console for my club and register again just to use that Wink

So I spend about 3 hours changing things this way and that until I was happy... I save everything and come back an hour later to find out you can't load consoles on the unregistred version (DOH!)

Anyways, I did experience a slight bug, maybe you know about it and it is already corrected for the next version, but I wanted to give you the heads up anyhow.

I did not want dogs playing poker as my background image... after trying a few things, I decided that 3 of the wallpapers for WinXP would do a great job along with semi-tranparent displays: Vortex, Crystal and can't remember the 3rd one. Anyways... when I imported them, the console would have a white strip at the top, as if the ratio of the image was wrong and the console placed a white band there. So I fired up Photoshop and changed the size of the image several times... the white band would change thickness but never dispear. The closest I came to having no band was with an image size of 700 X 480 I think (really not sure).

Well that's about it. Not sure what is causing the issue.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Background image for console Reply with quote

Calendyr wrote:
Hello Doc,

I was trying my hand with the console design for the current version (yes I know that the interface will probably be completelly different with the new release)... anyways, I thought I might come up with a cool console for my club and register again just to use that Wink

So I spend about 3 hours changing things this way and that until I was happy... I save everything and come back an hour later to find out you can't load consoles on the unregistred version (DOH!)

Anyways, I did experience a slight bug, maybe you know about it and it is already corrected for the next version, but I wanted to give you the heads up anyhow.

I did not want dogs playing poker as my background image... after trying a few things, I decided that 3 of the wallpapers for WinXP would do a great job along with semi-tranparent displays: Vortex, Crystal and can't remember the 3rd one. Anyways... when I imported them, the console would have a white strip at the top, as if the ratio of the image was wrong and the console placed a white band there. So I fired up Photoshop and changed the size of the image several times... the white band would change thickness but never dispear. The closest I came to having no band was with an image size of 700 X 480 I think (really not sure).

Well that's about it. Not sure what is causing the issue.

If you send me the image I'll play around with it.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Calendyr
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy :

Under Windows XP Pro:

C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Crystal.jpg

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Feedback & ideas All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: