drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League start up help needed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catch22
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: League start up help needed. Reply with quote

I just downloaded and subscribed to the software and am very excited to use it to run my newly minted poker league. I am having a couple of issues getting my league set up though.

I created a league and built my player database, but I can't figure out how to add those players to my league.

Also, when setting up a tournament, I can't figure out how to make that tournament a league event. League affiliation says "None" and I can't click on it to edit it.

I have purchased a subscription and entered the code, so that isn't the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Randy
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First part, you won't add players to the league, you will add players to a Tournament and then add the Tournament to the league. I do see a flaw in this that if non-league players are playing in a league game then they would be displayed. BUT, 1) Why are non league players playing in a league game? 2) Why don't you just add those players to the league anyway?

As for the second part... I'll try this from memory (new job and I shouldn't test at work anymore). Once your Tournament is set up and open, go to the League panel and add the active tournament. That should set the affiliation. Again this is a guess from memory, but I think it's close.

I'll try and remember to test it this evening when I get home.
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to be more precise, you add players to your player database. from there you can load them into each tournament (you can't, i believe, add them from the tourney to the DB).

then, in the league tab, you add whatever tourneys you want by either importing them or adding the active tourney. though the app lets you add incvomplete tourneys, i have found that it doesn't update the status when the tourney is complete. I always delete it and then readd it to get iot too update.

your next challenge is to figure out how you want to calculate league standings. I'm sure you'll have some more questions when you get to this step Wink

ask away, and good luck.
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i8dbear wrote:
well, to be more precise, you add players to your player database. from there you can load them into each tournament (you can't, i believe, add them from the tourney to the DB).

then, in the league tab, you add whatever tourneys you want by either importing them or adding the active tourney. though the app lets you add incvomplete tourneys, i have found that it doesn't update the status when the tourney is complete. I always delete it and then readd it to get iot too update.

You can add players from a tournament into the player DB (there are two add player buttons at the bottom of the player DB interface). But I do agree, it would be better to add the players to the DB first and keep them in a central location.

The second part I have never had a problem with. I always add a new tourney a week before the game actually happens to the league. At game time, I load the league and set the tourney active. It updates fine for me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: