drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSOP 100-seat tourney on FTP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: WSOP 100-seat tourney on FTP Reply with quote

just played the FTP 100 seat WSOP guarantee tourney. 3000 players. I finished 371. I have to say that I was disappointed by the fast blind levels (10 mn). I went through 90% of the field in 2.5 hours, but the last 45 minutes, the blinds were so high that it was all-in poker. unless you picked up a hand or a spot you could move, you got bled. that's what happened to me. I was treading water, but almost no one saw a flop for 45 minutes, and I picked up absolutely nothing to play. you would think that, given the $500 buy-in, they would have structured it for more skill and less luck. i think online tourneys are deeply flawed in this respect. there was no reason for it. it is Sunday, a big event, and people would have gladly spent the time if given the chance. its just wrongheaded, don't you think?
LA_Rounder
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WSOP 100-seat tourney on FTP Reply with quote

i8dbear wrote:
just played the FTP 100 seat WSOP guarantee tourney. 3000 players. I finished 371. I have to say that I was disappointed by the fast blind levels (10 mn). I went through 90% of the field in 2.5 hours, but the last 45 minutes, the blinds were so high that it was all-in poker. unless you picked up a hand or a spot you could move, you got bled. that's what happened to me. I was treading water, but almost no one saw a flop for 45 minutes, and I picked up absolutely nothing to play. you would think that, given the $500 buy-in, they would have structured it for more skill and less luck. i think online tourneys are deeply flawed in this respect. there was no reason for it. it is Sunday, a big event, and people would have gladly spent the time if given the chance. its just wrongheaded, don't you think?

you know my thoughts on all-in coinflip poker. what i saw of watching it causes me to agree completely. it's especially shocking given the importance of this particular tourney.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: