drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First time using PAID FOR TM on Saturday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: First time using PAID FOR TM on Saturday Reply with quote

My tournaments are very few and far between and are usually 1 table, so I've been getting away with using DrTM for free for the last while. But, I'm a computer geek by profession, which means I like to tinker and try out all the different features which I can't do if the program isn't registered. Plus, about a year ago, while the program was still Donation-ware, I created some custom consoles and I haven't been able to use them.

So, I finally caughed up the 10 bucks and registered the program and on Saturday, I hosted my first tournament using my custom consoles.

I was expecting 7 players, but one bailed last minute, so we ended up with 6. I had the chip distribution worked out for 7 but with DrTM was easily able to modify the starting stacks to give us all a few more chips. Great feature.

I was also planning on a T200 tournament so I had my blinds set up for that, but decided last minute to change to T1000 to make better use of my chip denominations. Changing the blinds in a hurry was no problem at all.

I didn't use many of the "extra" features for this tournament though. We had a single table, and I didn't track seating. We just drew cards for seats. I didn't use any league functions or player database options either.

I did set up multiple payout structures though. 1-6 players we paid out top 2 places. 7 or more players we would have paid top 3. This worked out very well.

For my next tourney, I'll be playing with the consoles some more to remove some fields we don't need (add-ons, etc) and I'll be adding in a bunch of custom sounds. I'll probably play with the various console messages too such as hand names and rules.

We played two tournaments on Saturday. The first was NL Hold Em with 20 minute blinds. It lasted from 3:30pm until 6:15. Rebuys were allowed, but nobody did. We took a pizza break and started a second game at 7:00pm. This one was NL Crazy Pineapple and we used 15 minute blinds. Rebuys were allowed, but again, nobody did. This game lasted until 9:15.

With only 6 players, we all felt like the timing of the two games was pretty much perfect. We got lots of hands in for each level, and we saw a lot of really good poker. It was fun for everyone, but I think I had the best time. And isn't that why we choose to host in the first place?

I ended up winning both games after a fight to the finish on the first one. Chip lead changed a few times before I took it down.

Good times. Good times.

Jeff
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff has purchased the "host always wins" extension.

It's only in pre-release right now, but let me know if you are interested...
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
LA_Rounder
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, that extension must be enabled on my version already, or so it seems lately.
jumperjeff
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a friend from work wants to host a game on the second saturday in May and wants me to bring my laptop over. So, we'll see if this feature continues to work, even in someone else's house.

I'll keep you posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: