drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish me luck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyR
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Wish me luck Reply with quote

Hi all this is the first time posting but have been using dr's software for a while even though we only have about 10 players at the moment I have paid my dues to which I believe is a nice easy bit of software to use.
Anyway I have been asked to hold a tournament with about 50 /60 players and I am really looking forward to using the good Dr's kit what would be the best advice as I know that some of you guys run big tourneys.

Thanking you in advance

Andy
5thStreetPokerParties.com
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit of a vague question. Maybe you'd get a response if you were a bit more specific...
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice - either pre-populate all the players before hand, or establish the first 30 minutes to nothing but entering in people and their buy-in options. Color up at every break. Keep the cash seperate but close at hand. Tightly control the chips - never underestimate the seduction of cheating.

Max

Oh - and have fun!
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell everyone to make sure they kiss the tournament director's ass. I heard somewhere that that works.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
5thStreetPokerParties.com
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charge $2 to listen to each bad beat story... you are going to hear a lot of 'em, and it's a good way to finance your next buy-in.
Addicted
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Assign a table administrator to each table who can handle re-buys, add-ons, side-pots, color-ups, etc. Give them a pencil box filled with the chips needed for re-buys and add-ons, and have them collect money when people buy more chips. That way you don't have to get up every two seconds to deal with one of these events. You can enter re-buy/add-on info into TM on a break. (2) Use blank business cards or some other type of label so that you can label each seat. This makes it easier for people to figure out where to go when you announce seat changes as people get eliminated. (3) And if you're going to have players in more than one room, I found a microphone and speakers in each room to be extraordinarily helpful. It makes it much easier to announce player movements and to get everyone to re-take their seat after a break.
i8dbear
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always control the money, but assign someone else "chip master," so for rebuys they give me the cash then go pick up their chips. I've also started to allow people to pre-buy their add-on before the tourney begins. I give then a little slip of paper to give the chip master at the break. it saves time at the first break and allows me to have a cigarette. definately pre-populate names, and start taking signups a hour before the touney begins. tell people to be ON TIME.

if you are playing as well, you might want to disable the "track eliminations" function. it will save you a data entry step while you play
AndyR
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice I will let you know the outcome just hope that I can play while trying to run the tourney multitasking not my speciality Very Happy
LA_Rounder
"Straight to the Ace"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: