drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It goes both ways (Combination bad beat/brag post)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: It goes both ways (Combination bad beat/brag post) Reply with quote

We often perceive bad runs of cards as more frequent, and more pronounced, than good ones. After my October tournament I was cursing the gods after losing with KQ to the shortstack who was all in with K7, then heads up I lost AK to AT, and went out with K8 suited vs K3 suited, despite hitting an 8 on the flop, when my opp. rivered a flush.

I got it all back last Saturday. Fairly shortstacked, I pushed with AJ, got called by AK, and flopped a J. Later in heads up play I pushed with A9 on an A J 7 board, was called by A10, and saw the turn and river come J J for the chop. Later still I pushed with K9 suited, called by AT (I read him for an A, but was hoping for a lower kicker). Didn't matter, I flopped a K to reduce my opp's stack to just about 1 BB. Next hand he's all in and I call with T3, he has A6, and I hit my 10.

I felt slightly dirty afterwards, but the winnings helped wash that away. Embarassed
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always seems I remember my bad hands (and luck), but never the good. Except this one time I beat a guy who flopped an A-J-8 with an A10 under. Too bad I had pocket 8's... He was mad!

-Max
Don't Stop Believin'. Hold on to that feelin' (and pocket 8s)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Home Poker Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: